It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

_peas HB User
Hooray for Cerazette!

I felt I should make this topic because when I switched to this pill I read nothing but horror stories, I searched everywhere online and found hundreds of negative reviews and perhaps just one or two positive ones regarding this pill.

After reading these reviews and the fact that cerazette was my last hope as far as birth control in pill form goes due to having severe migraines with aura and bouts of depression so bad that I at times felt almost suicidal on Microgynon, I was positively terrified of what was going to happen when I started on cerazette.

I'd heard that other people were bleeding for weeks and even months at a time and others were getting extremely bad skin and others depression and others all three!

But I have been on cerazette just over a month now and am feeling much happier (mood wise) and almost nothing manages to get me down while on microgynon I'd have an emotional outburst and a temper tantrum almost daily!
My skin is better than I can ever remember it being, perhaps it was this clear and grease free before I started Microgynon? but I can't be sure as it was so long ago (2 years.. long to some, short time to others!) and I can barely remember the way I was back then.

I've had one short bleed just three days into starting cerazette (I went straight from microgynon to cerazette with no break) and it lasted only five days before stopping completely and everything has been absolutely fine since.

Other things I have noticed an improvement in (and may be completely un-connected with cerazette and are probably more do to with the fact that microgynon was messing up my brain and body so badly) is my memory has strangely improved and I can think clearer in heated situations and I'm much less tired all of the time.

So there we have it! A pro-Cerazette review to give that little extra bit of confidence in a pill that seems to so often be reported as having such terrible side-effects. Could this be perhaps because we are so much more keen to document the bad and take for granted the good?

Of course, it won't be for everyone and I'm sure there are many people here who's had problems with it and I thank you for sharing those because atleast after reading the horror stories I was more than prepared for the worst!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
(female)

shell85 HB User
Re: Hooray for Cerazette!

Hiya, glad to hear that you have found the right pill for you! I've also been on cerazette for a month now and apart from a little bit of spotting everything seems to be fine, so i'm very happy with it too.

My skin has stayed the same on cerazette, i too was very worried about what would happen to my skin on this pill. I haven't had anymore killer headaches since changing from yasmin to cerazette. My mood seems to have improved too, don't know if that's to do with changing or not though! I have had two periods in the first month which was a bit weird, i'm hoping my cycle will settle down soon.
I'm pleased someone else has had a good experience on this pill since there does seem to be a lot of negative opinions on it. I hope it stays positive for us!
Michelle

Closed Thread