It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #1

CrystalVisions HB User
anyone on Demulen / ZOVIA?

Hi,

I have been on BCP for 10 years and have been trying to find the right one. My Dr. just perscribed Demulen (Zovia) and I couldn't find much about it on the boards. I'm coming of off Yassmin and am being switched due to second week bleeding ( I've also gained weight on Yassmin).

I'm having trouble finding a pill that "fits" because too much estrogen gives me hyperpigmentation. I tried Alesse for a year and had second week bleeding the whole time. Of course I am cautious about weight gain and mood swings. I'm already on an anti-depressent, so I want to avoid anything that could contribute to "moodiness". I'm even considering stopping my Yassmin today and taking a break before I start Demulen / ZOVIA. Would that be harmful?

I would love to hear your thoughts on Demulen / ZOVIA.

Thank you!

Old 07-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: anyone on Demulen / ZOVIA?

I was on Demulen for a while. Unfortunately, over the years I forgot why I switched to it or why I switched off it, but I remember being on it. I think I may have switched due to breakthrough bleeding and/or spotting while on it.

But I guess it doesn't matter because regardless of all pills, every single one of them destroyed my sex drive, and that's why in my book, they all suck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

texeverlasting HB User

I've been on Demulen/ZOVIA for about 4 years now, and it's been great to me. It's decreased my cramps to where they're almost negligible (I used to black out from them before) most months and I never get nauseous or anything. Never had pregnancy scares (though the paranoia is always there lol) and I don't think I've gained any weight (maybe like 5 lbs, but I think that was more because I eat so much junk food). No mood swings either, for the most part. Towards the end of the month (3rd week), I sometimes get weepy, but nothing uncontrollable for sure. No anger or depression, I think it actually helped some of my mood swings to be honest...but that could just be because I finally got out of high school lol. Overall, it's been good to me, both generic and name brand.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
(female)

whisperton HB User

crystalvisions,

hello, i have been on Demulen/Zovia now for about 5 years and i haven't had any problems really. only a bit of pregnancy symptoms such as nausea when i first began to take it. it has made my periods very light and the cramping almost non-existant. howver, sometimes i do have some bad cramps but very rarely. i did also, i must warn, became pregnant while on it, but i was also taking an antibiotic and a lot of vicodin at the time after having my wisdom teeth removed and was not eating very much, so my system was thrown off greatly. the pharmacist even warned me that the antibiotic may interfere with the b/c. i think i would not have become pregnant had i not been in that situation but i thought since you are considering the b/c i should let you know. hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
(female)

Lucky79 HB User

I was on demulen for a few years w/o any problems. I found this to be the best bcp I've tried so far and I've been taking them for about 12 years. However, recently the pharmacy I use stopped giving me Demulen and switched to the generic version of ZOVIA and I swear its different. I'm on my 3rd month and I'm ready to go back to Demulen and switch pharmacies. Every month I've had soreness when I go to the bathroom and sex hurts a little more than it did (dr said I've had yeast infections) and I believe its the change in bcp. I've been more emotional lately and my husband was the one who pointed out that its been worse in the past few months. So, based on my experience, I'd say stick with the brand for the best results.

hannah

Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

Hi, I have been on Demulen and Zovia for 16 yrs. Never had a problem, I am only moody that time of the month. Sometimes when starting a new pack I will feel a little nauseous. Very rarely I had some spotting. Now my pharmacist just switched to generic of Zovia which is Kelnor? Have not been on it long enough to say.

Closed Thread