It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #1

MariLissa HB User
1 day late start on BC Pack

I was unable to start my new pack of BC pills on the exact day I should have. However the next morning I started the pack. Is there a big possibility that starting my pack a day later and having unprotected sex will lead to pregnancy when I have still not had 7 pills in a row? Even if it was just the first day I missed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: 1 day late start on BC Pack

If you knew that you didn't have the full week's worth of protection from the pill then why would you have unprotected sex, knowing this? That was stupid. That's how women get pregnant while on the pill. That was very irresponsible and you may very well be pregnant. I suggest that you get tested and don't ever do that again. If you ever miss a pill, then you always need to use a backup method, unless you actually want to get pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #3

MariLissa HB User

Thanks for your reply! Actually I am asking beforehand, because I wasn't sure if missing the first pill would mess up the effectiveness of the pill all that much. I read some about it online and there were girls in other forums that said that starting a day late was never a problem for them. So I was wondering beforehand, since I do not want to get pregnant.

Also, I have read there is an option to start your bc pills on the 5th day of your period... the day I started was the 5th day (instead of the 4th as I usually do). That is also why I am wondering if instead of starting the 4th, but the 5th, there isnt a higher risk to unprotected sex?

Thanks!

Last edited by MariLissa; 08-04-2006 at 06:50 AM.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

The first pill in the pack is usually crucial to take on time, depending on which brand you are using. Otherwise it prolongs the pill free interval and can start of the process of ovulation which will not subside until after 7 active pills as you mention.
The option to take it on the fifth day is, usually, just when you first start initially and has to be done that way consistantly, as far as I know. Which pill are you taking and what does the insert say?
Hope this works out okay for you. Good luck

Closed Thread