It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
(female)

Veronica_Sawyer HB User
Smile on tri-cyclen, early period halfway thru dark blue pills, when to start new pack???

the subject line basically sums it up...i have been on tri-cyclen (not ortho; just tri-cyclen 28 day pack) for a little over a year now, and have been really good about taking them every day and on time. my periods are pretty regular, and start a couple of days into the reminder/placebo pills(and last 4-5 days on average). however, last month i forgot to take it one day, and doubled up the next day. i didn't get pregnant (i've since been tested by my doc), and hadn't noticed any weird/adverse effects from it until this past week. i was a day or two into the last active pill row (dark blue ones before the green placebo) when i got my period...it has never started on any of the active pills before, and i'm wondering if this is an effect of missing one day last month and doubling up? it wasn't a super heavy flow, but it was a lot darker in color than usual with more clots...it lasted as long as my average periods last, and went away a couple of days ago. today i took my last blue pill, and tomorrow start the green placebo pills.

my main question is: since i got my period already on the blue ones, can i get pregnant if i have sex this week while i'm on the placebo ones? and when should i start the new pack? should i wait the 7 days until i'm supposed to start it, or start it now since i already had my period?

i can't find info related to when to start the new pack ANYWHERE online and i'm tired of looking so i joined this board just to ask this question...please, if anybody has any idea what i should do, or has had this same issue before, please help me out! any advice would be great.
thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User
Re: on tri-cyclen, early period halfway thru dark blue pills, when to start new pack???

Just carry on as normal with the pills and hopefully your cycle will get back on track. If you have taken at least 7 pills on time, after the missed one then you are protected for pregnancy. Of course it is being extra safe to use condoms all the time and will help prevent infections. Good luck

Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #3
(female)

Veronica_Sawyer HB User
Talking Re: on tri-cyclen, early period halfway thru dark blue pills, when to start new pack?

thanks so much!!

Closed Thread