It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

marzotto HB User
Red face Missed period for two months after ending BCP...Normal????

I'm really worried that there is something worng with me.

I was on BCP for a month this passed may to mid june (28 days), then i stopped after the first pack because my acne exploted. I had spotting for a week, then i got my period a little less than a month later in mid july. After this i haven't had one and it's september now. So i missed aug and now sept.

I know that it takes months to get regulated again but does this sound normal??? Should i get check out. I'm getting progressively more worried as the days go by.

please any help is appreciated.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

LadyMirabelle HB User
Re: Missed period for two months after ending BCP...Normal????

I think what is happening is totally normal. If you are concerned about pregnancy, you can take a test. I know that coming off Depo, it usually takes 3 months to go back to normal/get a period. Your pill is probably less severe than Depo (most birth control is =P), but your body may not be fully rid of the hormones, so it hasn't gotten on a normal schedule yet...

I have friends who said their cycles were all screwed up when stopping the pill (one had been on it for years, and it took forever for her to get a real period -- she spotted a bunch, though. She wasn't having sex at the time so she wasn't worried about pregnancy).

Good luck!!
Mirabelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

marzotto HB User

thank you for your response, i really do appreciate it. I wonder how much of it has to do with the combination of ending the pill and losing a significant amount of weight.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

It's very common to have a very screwed up cycle after quitting BCP. And the weird thing is, it doesn't seem to matter how long you've been on the pill, it seems like most women just seem to have a really hard time with getting back on track afterwards. Of course they don't tell you that when you start, they just tell you that it's no problem (liars!!).

Anyway, I was on the pill 14 years and quit at the end of June. I have had 3 normal periods since then and they were all on time at 28 days. However, from what I've read on this message board and on the other message board that I frequent, it appears that majority of women don't get their period back right away after quitting. Some women are literally having to wait 6 months to a year!

So, if you want to get checked out by your doc, you should totally do that. Just know that it's very, very, very common to have a really messed up cycle once you quit, regardless of how long you were on the pill. I'm apparently in a very, very small minority of women who got their cycle back to normal right after quitting. As for the other side effects though, I'm still getting through them, but it sure beats putting that synthetic hormone crap in my system any more, that's for sure!!

Closed Thread