Re: Pregnant or not pregnant??
1) Supposing she is 4 months pregnant, and that she is a size 8, would she be showing now?
- Pregnancy doesn't always show. Sometimes you can't tell until she's reached full term, although it's less common. I think by 4 months it's likely -- but not necessarily so.
2) Can periods be stopped in some women by the combined pill? If so, would a GP still recommend using that same pill as normal?
-Periods can be stopped in some women, depending on the type, scheduling and dosage of the pill. However, most birth control pills recommend that if you skip more than two periods in a row while on the pill, that you see your doctor.
3)Supposing she isnt pregnant, and the pill is stopping her periods, would that make her potentially fertile?
- No, not if she is taking it correctly. The pill stops ovulation. The "period" that a woman gets while on the pill is not an actual period at all, because, like I said, she is not ovulating. It is mostly withdrawl bleed - from the drop in hormones. Not bleeding on the pill is not a bad thing, as long as the possibility of pregnancy is ruled out.
4) On a "scan", to diagnose the cause of stomach pains, I presume pregnancy would be something they would look for?
- It is possible that they would not have seen a baby, because when you have an ultrasound ordered, it is not necessairly for a general area; they may have only looked at her kidneys. Since i don't know the details, I can't tell, because they may have been looking for a baby...why not ask for a blood test to see if she is pregnant? Those are the most accurate.
Good luck, I hope everything works out!
Last edited by LadyMirabelle; 09-23-2006 at 01:48 AM.