It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

tfinn29 HB User
Safe without a condom

So I've been on birth control pills for two months. I know that as long as i take my medicine on time everyday I should be fine. Lately my boyfriend really wants to come inside of me (right now he is withdrawling) and I really would like to make the whole thing easier on both of us and besides i know he will eventually come by mistake.

My issue right now is that im a little nervuous. Up until now, I've always used condoms with guys. When we first started going out he pretty much told me he wasn't ready to have kids yet and that he really had mixed feelings on abortion. That being said, I made an appointment and asked to be put on the pill. When he found out I was taking the pill he assumed it was so we could have sex without a condom and really i was just trying to add some security so I wouldn't end up pregnent on a mishap.

Like I said earlier, I'm just nervous and looking for some reassurance that everything would be fine before I give in to my desire and his.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: Safe without a condom

Preventing pregnancy is birth control's job! As long as you've been on it long enough to take effect (which I believe is a week, but read the info instead of taking my word) then you should be safe. As long as you've taken the pill everyday at the same time (or as close to as possible) then your chances of becoming pregnant are minimal.

I understand being nervous about him going inside you. I would be to. Infact, my boyfriend is so worried about pregnancy, that even though I'm on the pill, he insists on wearing a condom, even though he hates them!

I believe mishaps happen for girls on the pill when they forget to take them for a day here and there, or take them hours apart.

So aslong as you've taken them daily around the same time, you should be protected from pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I go through a similar thing!! My boyfriend actually gets too nervous to finish inside me and usually pulls out and only occasionally doesn't. He pretty much NEVER does lately. He just gets nervous. As long as you take the pill for as long as your doctor said to the point you don't need a backup method and take it every day at the same time.. perfectly.. it should be fine! I'm sure you know, but just watch out for other medicines that can clash with the pill, such as antibiotics and St. John's Wart.

Just think of it this way.. condoms are LESS accurate than perfect use of the pill even if he comes inside of you. So you are definitely okay doing that! I think the main reason people say it's good to use both pills and the condom is for preventing STD's or if you aren't good with remembering to take your pill or want the extra safety.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
(female)

BlueEyes2022 HB User

Well sweetie I am not sure how old you are, but I would do what you feel comfortable doing. If you don't feel that you want your boyfriend to come inside of you then just tell him that you aren't ready for the consequences that come along with it and that you would feel safer if he wouldn't. And yes taking your pill should work againist pregnancy, but using a condom is always a plus because if the pill isn't for some reason then you have back-up method. I have been on birth control for 2yrs and 2 months now, and I have not had any problems, now I have only been having unporotected sex with my boyfriend since we have been dating which is almost 7 months now and we haven't had any problems . Just make sure you take your pill on time at basically the same time each and everyday...for me I have a reminder set on my cell phone and it goes off at the same time everyday so that it is taken at the same time. Also what kind of birth control are you taking?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
(female)

JLUK HB User

I just want to say that after I missed a few pills in my birth control pack. I was told by the doctor that it takes ONE MONTH of pills to be fully covered (not a week like the other poster stated). Since I missed a few pills I had to start a new pack and use condoms until that new month of pills passed. I have been married 11 years and we felt it better to be extra safe than have a 3rd child. I always feel its better to be safer than sorry.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
(female)

tfinn29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2022
. Also what kind of birth control are you taking?
I'm on Yaz.. and honestly it hasn't been the easiest first two months. If I wasn't afraid of getting pregnent I'd probably stop. I did no research before starting the pill and after reading about all the horror stories i got a bit freaked out. Im just finishing up my second pack and I still get slight headaches, slight stomach aches, and battle fatigue (though some days are worse than others so I think this is getting better). The first month I ran a slight fever and had night sweats. I'm still not sure if this was a viral infection or the pill. anyway everything I've read says to give my body 3 months to get use to it and thats what I'm trying to do.

Closed Thread