It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
A little confused about the pill and when period should start

I am on the pill to try and start my period which hasnt come for a while now. im on 28 day pills and today was my first placebo pill. So if i do get my period when would it start? towards the end of my 7 day placebo set of pills or at any time during the week?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: A little confused about the pill and when period should start

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley0610
I am on the pill to try and start my period which hasnt come for a while now. im on 28 day pills and today was my first placebo pill. So if i do get my period when would it start? towards the end of my 7 day placebo set of pills or at any time during the week?

Your period can start at any time this week. Most women get their periods after the 3-4 pill, though. It's not uncommon not to get a period during the first cycle, either, so don't be alarmed if that happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

ok thanks for the heads up, i am hoping to get it cause i havent had a period since june for no reason! dr did blood tests everythings ok there, had pap everything seems to be fine there im only 34 and ive had heavy periods all my life and sometimes they were late by a bit but not 5 mths!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
(female)

Kikki HB User

Yup, it can take a few days. I have had months that I started the day I took the first active pill of a new pack. Then I have also skipped once or twice. So, as long as there are no medical reasons you have found, just keep taking the pills every day without skipping a day. You might not have a period this month, but that isn't too uncommon, particularly since you are having such irregularities anyhow.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

it looks like i maybe spotting!!! yahhh finally but im a bit confused about this whole bcp thing and how it regulates u when ur only tricking ur body into having a period i mean i dont plan on staying on the pill as i have no other reasons too so how would this have helped bring it on again???

Old 11-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
(female)

pooboo HB User

It brings the "period" (which is actually not a real period, but a withdrawl bleed) on because when you are taking the pills, it elevates your horomone levels, then when you are off them (on the placebos) the hormone level drops, causing the lining of your uterus to shed.

Closed Thread