It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

crzybean HB User
BC and "tricking" the body into thinking it's pregnant...

Hi, I have been looking around the boards for a while now and I've posted a few times about some of my problems with my birth control (NuvaRing). My main concern is, if birth control "tricks" our bodies into thinking they are pregnant, then could I be experiencing some of the symptoms that women feel when they really are pregnant? In my case, I have these weird sinus problems that seem to get worse right around the time I take the ring out and start my period. My nose gets very stuffy and swollen and this makes me feel dizzy and off-balanced when I'm walking around. I have read that pregnant women often have problems with congestion and other sinus-related issues and I was just wondering if maybe the bc could be doing the same thing to me, even though I am not pregnant? I hope this is clear enough and hope you ladies can help me out!! Thanks!

Old 11-19-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

~*Michelle*~ HB User
Re: BC and "tricking" the body into thinking it's pregnant...

I dont know about that...i know when i was pregnant i had awful sinus trouble and after i had my daught it stayed with me. i cant get rid of the problem. Im wondering if you may have allergies? This is about the time they start. i didnt think you could have allergys in winter but 2 doctors said yeah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

crzybean HB User

I've been allergy tested and I don't have any. That was my initial thought and I almost wish I DID have allergies, just so I at least knew what was going on. Thanks for the input though!

Old 11-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

I haven't heard of sinus problems being caused by BCP. If possible, purchase a sinus spray from your Pharmacist and see if this helps with the congeston.

Birth Control does trick your body into thinking its pregnant by preventing Ovulation and by giving the Woman pregnancy like symptoms such as mild cramping, dizzy spells, tiredness, vaginal discharge and sometimes even urinating more frequently. Its due to the chemical hormones contained in BCP.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
(female)

crzybean HB User

I've tried every medication under the sun and been tested for everything, and STILL no doctor can tell me whats up. The only reason I am suspecting nuvaring is because the symptoms get even worse around the time I get my period. I guess I'll just have to keep taking a decongestant everyday until things (hopefully) clear up!

Closed Thread