It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

~:~blythe~:~ HB User
morning after pill - heavy bleeding problems!

so on sunday 12th November i had unprotected sex, i went and got the morning after pill on the tuesday morning, the earliest time i could get it. so i was well within the 72 hours.

7 days later i started bleeding, its been really heavy for 4/5 days now, heavier than a normal period. ive also had really bad back pain and aches, at one point it was really painful to walk.

ive still got the back pain now, but its more of an aching now rather than shooting pain.

the nurse told me when i took the morning after pill that i may have my period early, but i never imagined it would be 3 and a half weeks early!! surely thats a bit too early isnt it?

ive been feeling a bit sicky too, i thought i was actually going to be sick today.

so anyone got any ideas what might be going on? thanks

Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
(male)

Josh Mann HB User
Re: morning after pill - heavy bleeding problems!

Yeah, the other half had to get that last week, and reading the info given with it. Can cause people to feel nausious and cause your period to come early.

Your period just has to come within 3 weeks of taking the pills or you should go back and see your doc.

Best of Luck!

Josh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

The morning after pill basically screws up your system extremely badly, which is what causes the heavy bleeding and nausea. It's like taking an extra triple quadruple dose of the stuff that is in the pill.

You'll have to wait at least a cycle or 2 before it all gets back to normal. That's the price you have to pay for taking the morning after pill. Sure it works great, but the problem is that it makes most women who take it really, really sick and they also have a lot of issues with bleeding and other stuff after taking it. You just have to give it a few cycles to let your system get back to normal.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

This is normal hun. Unfortunately it is one of the effects of taking MAP.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
(female)

Brittanyfarrah HB User

I used the morning after pill OFTEN in the last 6 months and i found that it did bring my period on a lot sooner but i made sure to eat a good amount before it took it and to keep food in my system. I've heard horror stories like that from people who take it without food.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
(female)

Kaya_ HB User

I took more then one morning after pill during a weeks time w/ no bad side effects at all (only light cramping now and then) until about a week after my period. lots of pain in the pelvic area etc, (dr's found a cyst, see other post), I'm thinking maybe the pills aggrevated it, not sure though. In any case I did get my period as normal afterwards, but my next one I got 11 days earlier then I was supposed and it's a very light period. Until these last two periods I've always had extreme cramps that leave me crying it the tub all day, but it seems the pills have gotten rid of my cramps, no pain at all, at least temporarily. I guess they work different for different ppl. Weird.

Last edited by Kaya_; 12-20-2006 at 09:41 PM.

Closed Thread