It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

marzotto HB User
Red face Is it bad to take morning after pill twice in one week???

is it really bad to have to take the morning after pill twice within one week? I had to take it last wednesday and unfortunately there was an accident and I'm needing to take again. As Well i haven't had a period since July 2006, does this mean i'm not fertile right now??? That's worried my for a while but I don't have a doctors appointment til the end of this month.

please any response would help sooo much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
(female)

crimsonrose HB User
Re: Is it bad to take morning after pill twice in one week???

Taking the morning after pill twice that close together, can't be good... but I don't know if it would affect you negatively at all. The morning after pill has a really high dose of the same hormones in regular birth control pills. You said you haven't had a period since July of 2006?! How come?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
(female)

rainbow_mandi HB User

Generally you won't be given it twice in one cycle. You can't be given it if it's possible you could be pregnant (ie if you've had unprotected sex since your last period), and as the morning after pill is only 97% or so effective you technically could be pregnant.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I agree that it's probably not a good idea. But you should ask your doctor (the same one you got the first round from). If (s)he gives you it, there's your answer.

Closed Thread