It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
bleeding for 10 days with iud

I had a Mirena IUD inserted about a month ago a week after my period, about a week and a half ago I had really bad stomach pains and I thought I had a virus, but the next day I woke up and had horrible cramps and was bleeding. I thought the bleeding would stop, but it's been going on for ten days now. It's not real heavy bleeding, but just when I think it's over it comes back, and I have really bad cramps and back pain. Last night my right side hurt so much I was paranoid I had an appendicitis or something... it has let up a bit now, but I'm still really crampy and bleeding. Anyone else had this?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: bleeding for 10 days with iud

While I have no personal experience with an IUD, I have the benefit of having read the posts of other women who are using it or who have used it in the past, on this message board and several others. The most common complaints I have seen from IUD users have been cramps and heavy bleeding that seems to last a really, really long time. This is the reason why I have personally ruled out the IUD as a contraceptive for myself. I don't feel like having to deal with those problems.

I just wanted you to know that it's very common and you're not alone in your problem. A lot of women have exactly the same problem with their IUD. I don't think I've seen many solutions to that problem, just that it exists for IUD users.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

Thank you for your response, it put my mind at ease, knowing that others have gone through it. It's a pity too, because it is an awesome form of b/c other than that.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
(female)

cynth38 HB User

Hi,
I had the Mirena put in the end of Aug. and had a similar time as you. I had bleeding for days and days....then it stopped for a week or so and then started back up for days and days. I was beginning to think it wasn't worth it! However, I can say now, that the last 2 periods (yes, it took that long) have been amazing. I suffered from very heavy periods (that is why I had Mirena inserted, to help with my bad periods) that were very long. Now, they are very light and don't last more than 5 days. I get a bit of break through bleeding from time to time, but nothing much.
So in my case, the Mirena is well worth the wait of a few months, while your body gets use to it.
Hope it works for you!

Closed Thread