It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

mscoffee77 HB User
Ovulation After Stopping Pill

Hi, I went off Kariva last week & had my withdrawl bleed on Monday. Will ovulation probably occur after the withdrawl bleed or after my "real" period?Thanks!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

VanB HB User
Re: Ovulation After Stopping Pill

I just went off Alesse on December 9th. I had a withdrawal bleed from Dec. 12th - 16th and got a real period on Jan. 18th (so most likely I ovulated at some point after the withdrawal bleed because I had a period). Since then, I've been tracking my basal body temperature, it doesn't appear that I have ovulated yet and I'm now on day 22 of my cycle. From what I've read, some women ovulate right away and some are delayed. I recommend tracking your BBT to see if you're ovulating.

Last edited by VanB; 02-09-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Since ovulation is what triggers a period, not the other way around, you will ovulate first before your next period.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Ovulation will probably occur sometime after the withdrawal bleed, but it's hard to say when. If you go right back to 28 day cycles, you will likely have ovulated around day 14 (counting day 1 of the withdrawal bleed as cycle day 1). If you get a real period in a decent amound of time afterward your withdrawal bleed, 28-35 days later, it's probably a real period due to ovulation. However, it is possible to get a period without ovulating. Those are called annovulatory cycles. They are usually very long cycles and quite irregular. My first cycle off the pill was quite long but I did ovulate, I was tracking basal body temperature and got the jump indicating ovulation. There is a good book that explains basal body temping called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". I highly recommend it. The only way you can know for sure you have ovulated is the temp. jump afterwards. There are some signs your body may be gearing up to ovulate which includes production of cervical fluid resembling uncooked eggwhites and a cervix that is high and soft as well as getting positives on OPKs, but none of these things guarantee your body is ovulating just that it is gearing up to ovulate, and it can gear up, back down, gear up, back down, multiple times in a cycle. Also, my first cycle off the pill, my cervical fluid did not correlate well with ovulation but it has in subsequent cycles.

Last edited by livinTX; 02-09-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Closed Thread