It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

threethings07 HB User
pain, bleeding, etc with continous pill

i have recently posted a few questions on the Women's Health board but one of my questions had to do with the pill so i came here. i had unexplained pelvic pain for 8 months so my dr had me take the pill continuously. i had a lap that showed only one spot of endo which was lasered and no cysts. i was tested for STDs, etc and all came back negative. i was on the pill regularly and the 4th day after the last day of my period i would have horrible pelvic pain. i was also tested for IC but they said my bladder looks normal. anyway...since they couldn't find the basis of my pain, they put me on the BC pill continuously. that got rid of the terrible pelvic pain but now i have cramps all the time with breakthrough bleeding. my dr is sending me for ANOTHER ultrasound to check for cysts but i've never had any in the past and i don't think that's the case now. better safe then sorry though. also, she has me taking zovia 1/35 twice a day to try and stop the breakthrough bleeding. it hasn't helped. last month i was on a different pill and i had a full period mid month. i've been on the pill for 14 years and i just want to get off of it!! does anyone have any advice (has this happened to anyone)? also, can a blood test be done to check hormone levels? how safe is hi estrogen when you're in your 30s?

Last edited by threethings07; 02-11-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

threethings07 HB User
Re: pain, bleeding, etc with continous pill

i should also mention that i had a full period in the middle of a pill pack as well! if anyone can offer any advice let me know. thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

VideoKid HB User

I don't know about the pain but the bleeding will be because you are taking the pill continously. My doctor advised me to take 3 months worth back to back and only have 4 periods a year to reduce cramps I was getting, but it only made it worse. After 2 and a bit months of continous pill taking I was bleeding all the time until I finally stopped taking it. I concluded that your body just can't "hold it in" that long.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #4
(female)

sandrc HB User

i was on the pill (ortho tri cyclen) and the patch several years ago. i had been taking the pill for a few years then i started having horrible pain in my abdomen. i had blood tests, ultrasounds, gynecological exams even exams from my general practitioner to rule out a nerve problem. my doctor even went as far as to discuss exploratory surgery to find the problem.
she ended up changing me from the pill to the patch and after the switch i was pain free for about 3 months. i stayed on the patch for a few more months and just put up with the pain the best i could. over the counter pain releivers wouldn't even touch the pain.
my husband and i started discussing having a baby so i went off the patch and within a week i was pain free. i have been pain free ever since (went off birth control just over 3 years ago)

i guess some people just can't tolerate the hormones. i'm thinking of going back on a birth control or getting an IUD now.

i'm in no way a professional or even close to one but if you aren't planning children you may want to discuss permanent steriliation or just stop taking birth control all together and just use spermicide or condoms.

hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
(female)

threethings07 HB User

thank you so much for this feedback. sandrc...your problems sound very similar to mine. i have had SO many tests and nothing turns up. i've asked before if they think it's a hormone problem from being on the pill so many years and they tell me no. i'm convinced of it though. i'm still on the pill continuously and i continue to get breakthrough bleeding esp after any "activity" (doesn't have to be intercourse). to me...my hormones go out of whack...but that to me is not normal. i didn't have this problem until i started taking the pill continuously (to get rid of the pain). i haven't had children yet and if i have any....that is a few years away (i'd like to have a child before age 36!) so i will have to try going off the pill and just using condoms. when i ask my dr if going off the pill will help she gets upset with me because she thinks it'll cause more problems.

Closed Thread