It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

WarriorGurl23 HB User
Exclamation Yaz and Sex Drive

I am a young person about to start takin my first birth control pills. At my 1st gyno visit, she prescribed Yaz for me. I am VERY nervous about takin them. I have one very special partner who loves how much "natural lubrication" I make (if u know what I mean). I love it to. I have heard that birth control pills can make you gain weight and lower your sex drive. Does sex drive include wetness during intercourse? Has anyone heard of Yaz doing this? I hope for some good news. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Yaz and Sex Drive

Taking Yaz will likely lower your sex drive and the amount of arousal fluid you produce. Actually, on BCPs (Ovcon 35, ortho-novum 7/7/7, Yasmin, Loestrin, a few others I don't remember), I was bone dry and had absolutely NO natural lubrication. I wish I had good news for you, but unforunately, I don't. All BCPs, especially taken over the long term, tend to lower libido and dry you out down there. It's much better for me now that I'm off the pill. Just be sure to have plenty of lube ready because otherwise sex will become quite painful for you.

Last edited by livinTX; 02-12-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

Dees1977 HB User

I have been on Yaz for 4 months.. I have zero sex drive and I am crying all the time.. I think I am going to get off them.. I am on them for endometriosis..

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
(female)

cassie12290 HB User

I take yaz .. I still have fluid but wanting sex has gone down .. probably because how bad i feel on this pill .. at first it was good .. i didnt gain much weight just in my chest.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
(female)

WarriorGurl23 HB User

Well...thanks..I guess...for the terrible news. I know I might still have a chance because everyone reacts diffrently to the pills. I have just started taking Yaz on Friday...I know its too early to tell, but so far I'm still wet.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
(female)

Dynastar HB User

I have been on YAZ since last summer. I do NOT recommend it. I had a very healthy sex drive and about 3 months after being on this pill. It became non exisitant. I thought something was wrong with me but I recently found out it is from this pill. I am going to the Doc. today!
I didn't have a problem on ortho tri cylene if that helps.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
(female)

SwimmerGirl12 HB User

Usually the terrible side effects take several months. It is awful. I don't get wet at all anymore. Good luck. Try condoms if you don't HAVE to take the pill.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
(female)

dragonglow_714 HB User
Smile Re: Yaz and Sex Drive

Hey... just wondering.. do you still get wet? Just wondering coz you posted this about two months ago.

I might have to go on BC soon since I am getting married and I am really concerned about sex drive / wetness and other side affects such as depression and moodyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorGurl23 View Post
Well...thanks..I guess...for the terrible news. I know I might still have a chance because everyone reacts diffrently to the pills. I have just started taking Yaz on Friday...I know its too early to tell, but so far I'm still wet.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
(female)

wannalala HB User

Just about ANY birth control pill is going to decrease your sex drive and affect vag lubrication. You can try all of them if you want (I have) and you might notice that some are slightly better and/or worse than others. There is no birth control pill that is going to make you skinny and have a wonderful sex drive. If there was such a pill, don't you think we'd have heard about it by now?

Closed Thread