It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User
cramping and not on peroid

i have been taking the pill for probably a good year and a half now, if not longer. well i was supose to start my new pack on the 11th, i was four days late so i called my gyno's office and the nurse told me that i will have to wait until the next month to restart my bc pills. i have been having unprotected sex and i am aware i could become pregnant, today i would have just been starting my second week on the pill if i was taking it, and i am getting mild cramping, feels like i am just about to start my peroid, but i just had my peroid on the 7th, and i shouldnt be starting my next one for 16 more days (my peroids are always on schedule even if i miss alot of pills). are these cramps from me skipping this months birth control? i dont think i'm pregnant because i dont think you can become pregnant this early in your cycle after your peroid, only during ovulation? i have some slight brownish stuff coming out but that is from stopping the bc pills, i also have lower back pain and i feel kinda bloated or puffy in my mid section its annoying are the cramps related to this? i've never had unusual cramping any other time on the pill even when i was missing alot of days, i would just get breakthrough bleeding every once in awhile but never peroid-like cramps, so whats going on here?

Last edited by kirsten07; 03-19-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: adding on

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: cramping and not on peroid

On average a woman is most fertile 7-10 days before and 7-10 days after their period. So you are most able to get pregnant between 19 and 10 days prior to the expected period and 7-10 days after.

The fact that you messed up your pills could be the reason why you are having cramps and such. Your body is out of wack. I've never known anyone to have pregnancy symptoms so early.

Jenteal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

well its has been about 8 days since my peroid and i heard you can get preg symptoms a week after, so i was just wondering what was causing it

Old 03-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I'm nopt saying that you can't have prego signs that early I juat have never known anyone to have them.
Although I do remember that a girl I use to work with had to leave work cause she never knew she was pregnant and was bleeding very heavily. She thought it was her period but her mom took her to the ER and found out it was a miscarriage. She was about 3 weeks from what I remember.

You can take a test. It helps with the not knowing
Jenteal

Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

can i take a test BEFORE my peroid is due? i had my peroid 12 days ago and i got another 2 weeks before my next one, should i just wait and see if i do have my peroid?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

The tests work my dectecting the hormone that the body produces when preganant. If you are pregnant it should show up. I really don't know how pregnant you have to be in order for the test to be correct.

If you don't have the money to spend on a test just wait and see. You could very well not be pregnant. The cramps and such that you are feeling could be that you are about to get your period. It' so hard to tell.

Jenteal

Old 03-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

my peroid isnt for 2 weeks though i just had my peroid so i know its not that, i just dont know if it is the bc pills or a pregnancy sign, i think i will wait and see what happens

Closed Thread