It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

catam HB User
Question Stopped BCP, crampin & brown/pink discharge.Pregnant?

Im almost 21. I'v been on the birth control pill for nearly 2 years, changed twice. The last I was on for about 6 months, Dianette. I came off it after the usual 21 days on 2/21, got my withdrawal bleed, & decided not to go back on it (wanted 2 see if it was reason for my weight gain) So based on a 28 day cycle I should have got my period on 3/26 but obviously being on the pill may have thrown it off and I was never that regular, mostly ranged a 30-40 day cycle. Since last week I'v been gettin slight cramping, like period cramps but no period. I seem to be going to toilet more often & earlier today I found slight brown/pink stain on toilet tissue, not enough to stain my underwear. (sorry for graphic details!) Is this normal after coming off the pill? Or is it a sign that I could be pregnant? - implantation bleeding? Iív also been getting some heartburn. I know the symptoms I have are signs of pregnancy but I couldn't be gettin them this early could I? Its probably all coincidental but I need some reassurance, or advice! I had unprotected sex on 3/15 and 3/26 with my boyf of 2yrs.He withdrew before he came (I know that doesnt work as birth control!) I know I'm probably being paranoid but i need someone to tell me I am! If there is anyone that can help put my mind at ease it wud be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: Stopped BCP, crampin & brown/pink discharge.Pregnant?

I was just talking about this with my gynecologist earlier this week. She said that women who were irregular before going on the pill are typically irregular when they go off the pill. Whereas women who had relatively regular periods before going on the pill tend to get back to a regular cycle much sooner after quitting.

Then she told me that there are a lot of women who have been on the pill for so long that they just don't remember what their periods were like before the pill, so they think something is wrong, when in actuality, their periods were probably mostly irregular before going on the pill, and hence they went right back to being irregular when they quit the pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
(female)

catam HB User

Thanks bracelet! Thats just what i needed to hear!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
(female)

Nici11 HB User

From what you've described, it sounds like you're just starting your period. Have you gotten it yet? This is how I start mine, and within 24 hours I have my 'full-on' period, if you will.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
(female)

catam HB User

Yup all is well, finally got my 'full-on' period, as you'd say Nici11! Thanks to those who commented for all your help.

Last edited by catam; 04-01-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Closed Thread