It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Unhappy Stopping the pill and Headaches

This could all my totally unrelated, but figured I'd ask for experiences..

I stopped my BC (Yasmin) this past Sunday, 3 days ago. It seems that ever since I've had a constant headache, feels like pressure on my brain and behind my eyes, causing a dull but constant aching across my whole forehead. It could be caused from a number of other things; for example I'm a graphic designer and I stare at a computer for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

But.. I wanted to know if anyone else who has ended their BC use experienced a similar problem with headaches? If so, did it fade after a while? Or will I be feeding myself pain meds now in place of my BC!?!?

Thanks for the insight!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: Stopping the pill and Headaches

When I quit, I had a daily headache for about 2 months after quitting. I think it was like 2 months. I had that and also what felt like cramps a lot for those 2 months as well. It was so weird, because I wasn't spotting or anything, just having cramps that were like mild menstrual cramps.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You will find that the more real periods you have as you get the toxins out of your boy from the pill, the better you will feel. Just drink a ton of water and make sure you supplement with the reccomended vitamins suggested here by others. Magnesium, Omega 3, B-Complex and Zinc are the most important.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

RumRunner01 HB User

I stopped using my pill last Thursday night (different pill than you) and I did not have headaches but I have had a dull rolling ache in the lower ab area maybe every other day. But I'm also healing from an endometrial ablation as well as tubal ligation. So it's hard for me to pinpoint exactly what is causing what. I never had acne before but right after my ablation I got it bad on my face and chest for 2 weeks and then it cleared up but within 3 or 4 days of stopping the pill it came back. But I also had my first period this week. Who knows. I guess we are all different.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

I quit my pills over a month ago and about the 3rd or 4th week into it I got the worst headache ever... it lasted for about two days. It was pretty much the same as you described, pressure in the brain and pain in the back of the eye sockets. It was awful but I'm glad that it only lasted for a very short period of time.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

A few days after I stopped Yasmin I had a 4 day migraine. The good news is once it was over I was back to my old self.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

edithkeeler HB User

Its caused from a drop in estrogen.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
(female)

curiouser HB User

when I stopped ortho tricyclen lo (due to migraines) i didn't have headaches at all, then I started getting them again after 7 months

Closed Thread