It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User
Natural Family Planning Method

My husband and I want to get off of BCp, and we are looking into NFP. We want to start a family relatively soon, but from what we hear, NFP would be a great way to go and make things easier when we start.

Has anyone used NFP, and was it easy? Effective? Did you bring it up with doctors, and how did they respond?

Old 04-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Natural Family Planning Method

I strongly suggest reading the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility before you actually go of the BCP. During the time you are adjusting to being off BCP make sure to use condoms. IT can really screw with yoru system and throw things off so it will be harder to track your cycle. Also when you first start it seems hard and you have to stay with it or else you can be a parent before you actually plan it.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I have used it for the most part to track my cycles but I know a lot of people who use it for birth control and I would not hesitate to use if for that either. I'm a big fan. It does take practice, particularly when coming off the pill, but after a few months you'll find yourself really in tune with your body. I also suggest getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

I used it, and it worked! I used it from June to February to avoid pregnancy & did not bend or break the rules. February we used the method to start trying to conceive, and I got pregnant my 2nd cycle using it, in March. It does make starting a family much easier because you already know how to track your fertile days.

I, too, highly recommend "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".

Old 04-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Thank you all for the book recommendation. I'm much more reassured that it will work for us. We mostly want to use it to conceive easier. If we got off of the pill and got pregnant it wouldn't be awful at all. But we think it would be nicer to start working on NFP first so it's easier on us to plan.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
(female)

emwv9906 HB User

You may also want to read "the art of natural family planning". Its a little religous, but if you can get past that, extremely helpful. I own them both, and they are both good for different reasons.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Well, I'm a Christian so the religious parts wouldn't bother me in the least.

I'm just looking for a great reference or two on the physical and technical aspects. But if it includes some good biblical references or some emotional help as well, then that's great.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
(female)

emwv9906 HB User

Then "the art of NFP" will be great for you. i think it gets more detailed on the technical stuff, and it has practice charts to look at, little quizes to test your knowledge, its really in depth. i read them both, and i liked TCOYF, but i think i learned a little more from the art of NFP.

Closed Thread