It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

Ohdannyboy HB User
birth control and dreams...

I started taking the lo ovral pill in Februaury I believe and since that time I have been having trouble with dreaming. I have nightmares a lot more often now, and very vivid dreams that keep me from resting well.

Has anyone ever heard of this? This is the only thing I am taking regularly, so I wondered if it was a side effect of what.

Last edited by Ohdannyboy; 04-12-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Re: birth control and dreams...

Kind of odd because i understand what you're saying. Ever since i got on yasmin i have really vivid dreams too but never can remember them. But when i am having them there very life like ..like im right inside of them. an there never good, there always a terrible nightmare. it's too hard to truly explain but i know my dreams sure feel different since ive been on BC but only on Yasmin. (I have also been on ortho lo, and solia) .. im sorry i cant help you but i just wanted to let you know i experience this also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: birth control and dreams...

The women in my family, myself included always have voilent and bloody dreams before we get our period.. very strange.. but true. So I wouldn't be surprised that a BC pill would cause similar dreams.

I was on Yasmin for 9 months (just stopped using less than two weeks ago) and now that I think about it, I can't remember dreaming up the horror flicks I usually do! I still have very aggressive and stressful dreams at that time of the month.. but that could always be stress related in general.

Hormones do crazy thing to the body i guess!

Did you say you just started taking BC? If so, then maybe your dreams will calm down in a couple weeks, once your body has completely adjusted to the pill. I think it takes about 3 months for your body to be 100% adjusted to the hormones. That could just be my own opinion though.

Until then you can try different relaxing techniques before sleeping.. maybe that will help.-- reading a book (nothing horror or suspence!), camomile tea, try not to go to bed right after watching tv or a movie, even searching the web before bed will keep your brain active when trying to sleep.

Hope you start sleeping easier soon!

Last edited by jen52983; 04-12-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Closed Thread