It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

xjustinyx HB User
LoestrinFe.. Blood tests?

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me say that I did look back at quite a few threads to make sure my question hadn't already been answered.. so I do apologize if this has been asked before.

I'm thinking of switching to Loestrin Fe because the light period/no period at all thing really appeals to me. I noticed that "Fe" is in the title.. does this mean it has iron in it? If so, are they only in the "inactive" pills? This further makes me question if most doctors require blood tests while on this pill. I am deathly afraid of needles and usually faint even before the needle touches me, so I wouldn't want to be on a pill that requires a blood test. The last blood test I had, which, granted, was a while ago, I did not have anemia, and since then I have been on BC and eat lots of red meat, so I probably do not have it still. I still take an iron supplement anyway, so taking the extra Fe in Loestrin probably wouldn't be a big deal.

So, are blood tests required? Also, I've read from previous threads that the only negative side effect is usually lack of period (which doesn't seem so negative to me.. since my boyfriend and I live in different states, we don't have sex often enough for me to worry about pregnancy). Any other negative effects? I'm currently on Ortho-Lo and I'm switching because my period is heavier than when I was on the pill Necon, and I also get bad headaches during my period.

Thank you for any response you guys can give and I'm truly sorry if these questions have been answered.. I really did look back at previous threads!

Justine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: LoestrinFe.. Blood tests?

Does not require a blood test., yes the inactive pills are the ones in the pack that have iron in them. I have had no period for 3 months been on Loestrin for 7 months now. Will be going off it next month due to 22lb of weight gain. I switched to Lo when my doctor asked me why I was taking so many pain pill. I said migraines. I swtiched and they stopped but in the first 2 months but on 22lbs. As time went on I get more tired with each pasing month. I sleep so well that all I want to do is sleep.

Others have had no problems on this pill. Give your self 3 months to try it out. It takes the body 3 mothhs to get use to the hormones and react properly.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

xjustinyx HB User

Great.. thank you so much for your reply!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
(female)

abbygirl26 HB User

Hi, I was recently put on this pill and had to stop taking it after 45 days because I had such a bad time on it. I had non-stop breakthrough bleeding starting the 10th day of the first pack, breast tenderness, headaches, depression, moodiness, and horrible acne. The only side effect that I didn't have was weight gain. I know other people who take it and have had no problems and do have the light/non-existant period, but for me it was a nightmare. There are no blood tests required, though, so don't worry about that, and based on my family member and friend on this pill, most people have a fine time with it and do have the short periods, so it's definitely worth a try if you're interested. But, you asked about negative effects, so I wanted to share my experience.

Closed Thread