It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

ediblecrayon HB User
switched to nuvaring. few questions.

so i've been on birth control pills for almost a year now, and have been very regular with them. i have never missed a pill, and could count on one hand the times i was late with my pill. very religious about my pill taking!
but recently, i've started to wonder about nuvaring, i loved the idea of not having to remember, or set alarms to remind me to take my pill.
so went to the doctor, got a prescription for nuvaring!
i started it three days ago.
so far, love it. cant feel it at all!
i took my entire month of birth control pills last month, waited the week for my period, and inserted nuvaring the day that i was would have started my next pack.
i read all the info, and as far as i can tell, nuvaring is effective immediatly since i took my pills last month regularly. is this correct?

and another question,
my boyfriend and i recently took nuvaring for a 'test drive' last night, he could feel it inside of me, and wasn't too fond of it. it actually really hurt him. we tried moving it up further, but regardless, he could feel it, and the ring really interfered.
so, we took it out, for about 15 minutes, had sex, and instantly after i inserted the ring again.
my question is, is this safe to do? i know it says you only have a need to worry if you take it out for longer than three hours.
but is this an okay practise? if he has problems with my ring, i will probably take it out every time we have sex.
is that okay to do?

thanks!
any other information anybody has about nuvaring would be really great too!

Last edited by ediblecrayon; 04-29-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
(female)

violetenhiver HB User
Re: switched to nuvaring. few questions.

I just got off the nuva ring. It was pretty convenient not having to take any pills, however I did have the same problem as you where my boyfriend could feel it. It's perfectly fine to take it out when you have sex, just remember to put it back in. There were a couple of times I completely spaced it and messed up my schedule. Also if you are taking it out very frequently, like every day or more than once a day, you will start spotting and I think it kind of messes up the doses so try not to do it too much.
And you were right to start taking it right when you would have started your new pack of pills. That's perfect so you should be completely protected.

Closed Thread