It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 01:32 AM   #1
(female)

mashula HB User
itching and burning prior/during to period... bc related? -desperate for help

Ok if I will try to summarize my background for this issue. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of twelve and I've been on birth control since then for the symptoms. I've tried Triphasil and Tricyclin both which weren't working great with my body and now I've been on Marvelon for about six months with out major problems (just bad period cramps as always).

Then last month when I hit my placibos (about three days before the start of my period), this itching and burning started that has never happened to me before. I do have sex with one partner (tested) but it was definately not a cleanliness issue because I am very attentive there and the itching was not going away. It is not pain so much as just very uncomfortable itching on the inside and surface everywhere down there. Then if I would have sex it would just irritate it more and then it burns for a while after.

At the time when I went to the doctors my period was about to start so they could not give me a pap smear but they gave me a yeast infection treatment because that's what the symptoms resembled. I did the treatment... I was finished when my period was done and everything went away (after days of horrible burning during the treatment).

Now again about three days before my awaited period this starts again. Same thing completely, but during my period it's even worse. I feel like I'm having an allergic reaction. Everything is itchy and burns like not just down there but all my skin in a way. I don't think it is just a coincidence that this is occuring again right before/during my period and it had never happened before and I'm just wondering if the hormones in pills can cause this or if anyone has any idea what's going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

coty HB User
Re: itching and burning prior/during to period... bc related? -desperate for help

You should get checked for yeast infections, there are some treatments that you can buy over the counter. Many women get them around their period because of the pH change in their body.
I went through something similar last month, which coincided with an abnormally painful period, but then it went away on its own. I guess my hormones just went crazy for some weeks.

Closed Thread