It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

jfizzy HB User
Loestrin 24 Fe side effects are too much!

I need to hear from others on Loestrin 24 Fe if they have experienced severe dizziness and nausea from taking this pill!! Please. I switched from Zovia because of the severe headaches during the week of my period. But, if this dizziness doesn't subside then, I'm switching back! Anyone experience these side effects? Did they get better or worse??
Thanks!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Loestrin 24 Fe side effects are too much!

After the first month my were not so bad. By the 3rd month I all side effects were gone except really swollen breasts. They did not hurt but were really swollen and of course the 22lb weight gain remained.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

Aryes517 HB User

Hi FromSqueaky
I just started on LE24 and i feel horrible. I had taken BC pills for years and then last year my blood pressure went sky high and my dr. took me off. A month later i was dx with severe dysplasia so its been interesting.

Anyway, im getting married in Aug and asked to be put back on due to the fact that my periods got all screwed up after my colpos and LEEP and i ended up being due for my period on the day of my wedding. So the dr offered LE24not knowing anything about it and never having a problem with my old pill i started a few weeks ago and i feel HORRIBLE. It never occurred to me it was the pill....duh

Im only going to be on them for the next 2 months just till after my wedding. I didnt want to have my period for my wedding and honeymoon. I've been bleeding from these darn proceedures for long enough.

I'm also worried that it might cause problems with the dysplasia.

Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks
~Lisa

Old 06-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Well I was on Desogen for 10 years and was taken off due to migraines. I was put on Ovcon 35 for a month hated it was put on Loestrin FE24. I gave it more than enough time for me to get use to. I stopped having periods and put on 22lbs. Now back on Ortho Cept the name brand of Desogen and take B supplements. So far no migraines.

While on Loestrin I was told I had cervical dysplasia. Right before I switched to Ortho Cept I was told that it was gone. Yours can leave at any time.

CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding !!!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
(female)

Aryes517 HB User

Thanks! Im starting to get excited...

That's great about your dysplasia being gone!! I thought i recognized you from the cervical board. I hope mine is gone this time as well. Im going to try to stick it out a few more weeks so that if i do go off my cycle wont be due to start near the wedding date. If it gets worse it might not be worth it, but im going to try. Of course my follow up pap is next week so thats not helping..

Take care
~Lisa

Closed Thread