It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

LeAnnie133 HB User
Positive experiences with Alesse?

Hi,
I'm fairly new to this board but I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with Alesse. My situation is I need something to regulate my periods but I wanted it to be low dose. My doctor suggested Alesse. I am a very thin person and tend to feel nauseaus with other birth control that I've been on. I was previously on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and the Nuva Ring. I know Alesse has the least amount of estrogen possible in a combination pill... but have any of you still experienced a lot of nausea, etc.? Thanks a lot!

Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

confusedBCuser HB User
Re: Positive experiences with Alesse?

My doctor put me on Alesse for the same reasons as yours did. I found that I had a little weight gain, but I wouldnt blame it on the pills 100%. Other than that I was one of the lucky ones that didnt have any side effects. Just remember that everyone is different and just because some people have side effects doesnt mean that your going to for sure either

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I took it with no problems. Now and then I'd spot but I think that's all.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
(female)

LeAnnie133 HB User

I appreciate everyone's replies!

Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

pookie24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeAnnie133 View Post
Hi,
I'm fairly new to this board but I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with Alesse. My situation is I need something to regulate my periods but I wanted it to be low dose. My doctor suggested Alesse. I am a very thin person and tend to feel nauseaus with other birth control that I've been on. I was previously on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and the Nuva Ring. I know Alesse has the least amount of estrogen possible in a combination pill... but have any of you still experienced a lot of nausea, etc.? Thanks a lot!
Hi, I have been taking a generic form of Alesse Called Aviane 28. I have been taking it almost 2 months now. My doctor said that this would probably be the best BC pill for me since it was one of the lower dosage pills and I also have Cerebral Palsy and you know a risk with BC Pills is Blood Clots. I have not had any side effects. I take my pill at night though because I read online that that may decrease some of the chances of having side effects while on the pill. Remember though every womans bodies different so you may or may not have side effects with Alesse.

Closed Thread