It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

Claire13 HB User
Implant = difficulty loosing weight?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the implant made it harder to loose weight?

I know it can make you put weight on but can it stop you from dropping weight aswell?

I am just on a good diet just now and excercising and I dont seem to be loosing anything.

I have put on weight in the last few months, and I dont know if its because of the implant or because I have been unhappy. I also dont know if the non-existant sex drive is because of the implant too.

Anyway, If any one has experienced weight gain, lack or weight loss with the implant can you let me know so I can decide if its worth while having it removed.

Cheers.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

beanerz777 HB User
Re: Implant = difficulty loosing weight?

Hi, are you talking about the IUD?? I didn't know that they make you gain weight. That's the whole reason why I stopped BCP's and had the implant because I wanted to lose the weight I had gained. Please let me know if you have info on gaining weight with the copper IUD. If that's really the case then I will have it taken out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

Claire13 HB User

Mine is an implanton, all i know is that its a little bar in my arm. I dont really have many fine details on it sorry

I didnt have many other choices as I have problems with some contraception and then I am at risk of blood clots with others! grrr.

Yeh I think pretty much all contraception can make you gain weight...its just a side affect, some people suffer and some dont. I happen to be the unlucky one that does, yey me! I dont want to take it out as its stopped me from having periods which is a joy...but its also working too well as a form or contraception as I dont want sex anymore...ironic no?

But yeh I have noticed a LOT of weight gain over the months its been in, and now I am eating right and excercising and it still wont shift...i find this suspicious and just wanna know if it could be the implant causing all the problems?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
(female)

beanerz777 HB User

Ok I looked it up and the copper IUD (implant in cervix) does not make you gain weight. You might want to try that instead. I haven't gained any weight but I've only had it in for about a month. It has absolutley no hormones and doesn't not affect your sex drive. It was a little painful when they inserted it but since I have had absolutely no cramping or any problems. You might want to at least check into it!! Have a good day!!

Closed Thread