It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

poneystenson HB User
Does Vitamin B Complex supplement help?

I am on Yasmin and I suffer side effects like depression and moodiness. I bought 60 tablets Vitamin B complex from the pharmacy today. Does anyone have the same experience? Does the Vitamin B Complex work well for you?

Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: Does Vitamin B Complex supplement help?

It worked great for me when I was on Brevicon (similar to Ovcon).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
(female)

poneystenson HB User

OK I took one tablet yesterday evening but my urine became light yellow and I had a headache before I went to bed. Is it normal?

Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

The urine thing is normal when taking it. I'd say the headache is probably from the Yasmin, though.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
(female)

poneystenson HB User

Hmmm...I've been on Yasmin for 1 year and a half and I never have headache problem. Now I'm wondering if Vit. B supplement is right for me.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
(female)

Post-It HB User

I had severe anxiety and depression after starting the pill 2 years ago. Just switched to Yaz to see if it helps, but since I began taking a B-complex vitamin, I've noticed an improvement all around.

The B-complex vitamin will turn your urine neon yellow - that's normal. It's a water soluable vitamin so you can't overdose on it, and any extra vitamins that are not needed will filter out through your kidneys and in your urine.

Personally, I have felt much better with my anxiety since I began taking the B-complex vitamin. It also helps with energy and metabolism. I recommend it to anyone taking birth control.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #7
(female)

poneystenson HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post-It View Post
I had severe anxiety and depression after starting the pill 2 years ago. Just switched to Yaz to see if it helps, but since I began taking a B-complex vitamin, I've noticed an improvement all around.

The B-complex vitamin will turn your urine neon yellow - that's normal. It's a water soluable vitamin so you can't overdose on it, and any extra vitamins that are not needed will filter out through your kidneys and in your urine.

Personally, I have felt much better with my anxiety since I began taking the B-complex vitamin. It also helps with energy and metabolism. I recommend it to anyone taking birth control.
Thank you very much for your response. As you've mentioned Vitamin B-Complex cannot be overdosed. So I just wonder how do I know if I actually need Vitamin B-Complex? I do not want to take something my body doesn't need.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
(female)

Post-It HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poneystenson View Post
Thank you very much for your response. As you've mentioned Vitamin B-Complex cannot be overdosed. So I just wonder how do I know if I actually need Vitamin B-Complex? I do not want to take something my body doesn't need.
Well, I think the first thing to do is look at your diet and if you are getting enough B vitamins from food alone. If you aren't, and since you can't overdose, try taking it for 2 weeks and see if you feel any different. Your body does not store up B vitamins so it's something that has to be replaced on a regular basis.

Foods that are rich in B vitamins are:
  • whole grains, such as wheat and oats
  • fish and seafood
  • poultry and meats
  • eggs
  • dairy products, like milk and yogurt
  • leafy green vegetables
  • beans and peas
  • citrus fruits, such as oranges

Because of a digestive disorder, the only thing from that list that I eat once a day is poultry - usually for dinner. Occassionally I will have an orange, but not too often. I can't eat dairy or wheat. So, I know for me, I'm not getting it just through diet alone. And if the birth control pill is depleting the small amount of B vitamins that I do have, there was a good chance, for me, that I wasn't getting a therapeutic amount.

Closed Thread