It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

marelisrs HB User
Question Birth controll

Im a bit confused, When you drink the birth controll pill, when can you start having intercourse- a couple of hours later or something? Are you suppose to drink them while in your period, i have the OV OVRAL 28 so those extra 7 are the ones i drink while on my period?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

coty HB User
Re: Birth controll

Read the little pamphlet tehre is all kinds of information there and will tell you for how many days you should use a back up method.
Also you have to take the whole pack continuously, meaning:
take the 28, one a day, and when that pack finishes you have to start taking the first pill of the next pack. Never stopping.

read the little paper that comes with them, if you have a hard time understanding it, ask your health provider to go through it with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

marelisrs -

Generally, the instructions with the pill say that you will be protected only after taking them consecutively for 7 days, every day and on time. As the pp mentioned, though, ask your doctor to be sure. Also, the last week of the pills is your period week. You don't necessarily have to take them that week since these pills are hormone-free, but it's a good idea to take them anyway to help you get into the habit of taking a pill every day. I always took them when I was on the pill.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-17-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
(female)

marelisrs HB User

ok, im suppose to start on sun, am i suppose to have my period when i do.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

That's another question that should be answered in the instructions. You either can start it the Sunday after your period starts (which could be the same day if your period comes on a Sunday) or you can start taking it the first day of your period, whatever day that might fall on.

Last edited by kittywitty; 08-17-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marelisrs View Post
ok, im suppose to start on sun, am i suppose to have my period when i do.
You are supposed to start what on Sunday? Your new pills? Your 'extra 7'? Your period? Your posts aren't very clear so it's hard to offer advice. Sorry.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
(female)

coty HB User

You are supposed to get your period a few days after the 21st pill, then you should get them avery aproximately 28 days.

Closed Thread