It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

Jujubug5 HB User
Red face No period with loestrin24fe

Okay so i've just finished my first pack of pills of loestrin24fe and have not had a period. I've read about this and it seems that alot of women arnt getting periods with this pill. i've been worrying that i;ve been pregnant but i've havnt had any symptoms of being pregnant other than a missed period and a little bloating. Now im getting small cramps but no blood. i havnt taken a pregnancy test yet but i am tomorrow. this stuff makes me nervous =/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: No period with loestrin24fe

That's the whole reason why women choose that brand, to not have a period. When you're on the pill, not having a period doesn't mean you're pregnant, you can't assume that. You would still be having a withdrawal bleed every time you are on placebos when you're on the pill, regardless of whether you were pregnant or not. That's why it's hard to find out if you're actually pregnant while you're on the pill.

If you don't like not having a fake period on Loestrin, then you have to switch pills. A lot of women would be happy to not have a period, and they take several months' worth of pills to prevent getting a monthly bleed. So, you need to decide whether you want to have a monthly bleed or if, knowing that it wouldn't show up as a missed period if you were pregnant, not having a fake period is ok for you. You're the only one who can make that decision for yourself.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-31-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comment deleted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
(female)

Jujubug5 HB User

Okay thanks. This is the first time that i've been on any type of birth control. My doctor automatically put me on it so it would lighten up my periods and less cramps and also because im sexually active. She didnt mention that i wouldnt be having a period at all so thats why i was confused. thanks agen and im know how stressful it must be for u to answer the same question. again thanks =]

Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

[Deleted]

[You are not obliged to answer questions. Do not presume to tell people how to post or use the boards to save yourself the trouble of answering the same question over and over. Thank you. ]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-31-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Unnecessary comments removed.

Closed Thread