It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

moonlit8302 HB User
I'm kinda worried..... please help

Hi,

I have been on birth control for almost 2 months now and its been great for me. Well last night my boyfriend of almost 8 months and I had sex and the condom broke. The bad part is that he didn't pull out before he came so he came in me. I know there is a possibility that I could still get pregnant even though I'm on birth control. the question is:

Should I keep taking the birth control? I mean what if I am pregnant right now and I'm still taking the pill because it's too early to tell? I mean is it going to hurt the little baby if I'm taking birth control and I'm pregnant and dont know it?? I mean I dont want to hurt the baby if I am. I dont really want to be pregnant but abortion is not an option for me and we have both already decided that the baby would be loved and taken care of by both of us if I do become pregnant. I mean there is no way to know if I'm pregnant or not till I miss/dont miss a period right? I just didnt know if I was still soposed to take the pill. please give me your opinion

Moonlit

Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User
Re: I'm kinda worried..... please help

Hey! Keep taking your pills everyday until the end of your current pack. This won't hurt the baby, but if your period does not come as expected, take a home pregnancy test, make sure of the answer, and if you are pregnant, do not resume taking pills with another pack. If you aren't, carry onto the new pack!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

moonlit8302 HB User

Oh my gosh thank you so much. I was really worried that I would hurt the baby if I was pregnant ( I really hope I'm not thought! lol) You really helped

Moonlit

Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Well actually, I don't think you need to worry too much. Because you were on the pill 2 months before this happened, which is more than enough time for the pill to work in your body. A lot of women use only the pill with no backup (like condoms) and they seem to be fine with no pregnancy. I think it's great you're using condoms with the pill, though, that's awesome. I always did, too when I was on the pill.

I wouldn't really worry. I'm sure you're fine.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
(male)

perkybeerzoolo HB User

Im no Doctor,I just want to applaud you both for your responsible attitude,If it occurs Im sure You would make a wonderfull mother as well as your Guy a responsible Daddy,GOD Bless you Both

Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
(female)

coty HB User

Just keep taking the pills so you keep supressing ovulation, it's the safest thing you can do. I doubt you are pregnant though.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
(female)

moonlit8302 HB User

Thanks a lot guys. It's great to know that I can get help and support here. I cant go to my parents about this kind of stuff because they are both very religious and highly disagree of sex before marriage, so I gave this place a try and I think I'll stick around lol.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
(female)

Post-It HB User

Chalk me up to one of those people that never uses a condom. I've been on bc for over 2 years and have never been pregnant. You should be fine, but I understand wanting the added security. Also, the others are right, you should definitely continue to take the pill until the end of your pack. The pill won't harm the baby, if you are pregnant (which I highly doubt you are!)

Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I realize this is almost two days after you posted, and that was half a day after the event, but I still thought I'd pipe up. If it's only 2 days later, you can't be pregnant yet, having intercourse and pregnancy (if it's going to happen) aren't instantaneous. It actually takes a few days for it all to happen. I point this out because IF you were to stop taking your pill, that is what would make pregnancy more likely - since you'd lose it's preventative benefits. So definitely don't stop.

Think about it: millions of women use BCP as their only method of birth control, it wouldn't make sense for them to stop taking it once they actually has sex. It only works if you keep taking it.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #10
(female)

moonlit8302 HB User

I know. It's Just that this is my first time on birth control and I'm fairly new to being sexually active. Like I said I never really had my parents tell me about this kind of thing so I had to find it out on my own lol. Again thank you for your advice and opinions!

Closed Thread