It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
(male)

Nvis HB User
Seeking some input

Well my girlfriend has been taking birth control for a little over a year non stop never missed a pill, then one week when we went to get a refill and the pharmacy informed us that the prescription had run out and we needed to speak to her doctor and we couldn't schedule an appointment till a week later.

She usually starts her pills on the sunday right after her period and we had sex with a condom that day and the day after, but she couldn't take the pills yet. Next week it turns out the prescription didn't run out and some one had messed up at the doctors office. So we got the pills and she took them for about 5 days (this is about 13 days after she has gotten OFF her period, So in total she was about 19 days into her cycle) then we had unprotected sex twice and now her period is late a few days and me being who I am, I get paranoid.

Right it seems she's having all the normal symptoms of her period and has taken two first responses, one the day her period is due and the second 2 days after. So I'm looking for some input on the possibilities of pregnancy please

Thank you

Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Seeking some input

It's actually not all that surprising that she's having some strangeness with this cycle. The thing you have to understand about the pill is that it messes really badly with a woman's body. And because of that, whenever a woman doesn't take the pill correctly or misses a really long stretch of time of when she's supposed to be taking it, it's going to affect her cycle. Because of all of this, I would definitely not automatically assume she is pregnant just because she hasn't had her period yet. You said it was 19 days later that she started the pill again. Well, her hormones are completely screwed up right now and have to level off again before she can hope to have a normal cycle again.

It sucks, I know, but that's how it is with the pill. And actually, since she wasn't able to take it for so long, and since her cycle is all screwy because of it, you guys shouldn't be having unprotected sex for at least a full pack's worth just to make sure the level of the hormone is high enough in her body. I mean, I know you already did but don't do it again until she has finished a full pack. I still don't think she's pregnant, but you really need to be careful because there's always that chance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
(male)

Nvis HB User
Re: Seeking some input

yea were being really careful right now, were also wondering when to start the pack again. Normally she would start this sunday, but there's no period, so were wondering whether or not we should wait till she gets here period to start again or to just start the pack again. she also thinks that she might have a small urinary track and thinks that also might be delaying it.

Closed Thread