It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

daisyduck08 HB User
Yasmin + Breast.

I just started Yasmin yesterday. I've heard of common effects while on the pill, although I'm not sure if all are true. The ones that stood out to me were weight gain and breast growth. I'm not just getting on it for those, but those sound like an added bonus. Are both of those relatively true? and if they are.. how long do you think it'd be till i notice a difference? i'm at an a cup, and if i could possibly get to just a b cup, while also having the pill for it's original purpose that'd be amazing.. i'm just trying to figure out how long on average it takes.. if those both are true... thanks!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Yasmin + Breast.

Hi there! I'm also on Yasmin and really like it. I haven't had any trouble with it and it has never caused any weight gain for me (of course unless I'm not working out as much or eating bad and it's my own fault). My chest was still growing when I started taking it, so it was hard to tell if it caused anything for me. However, I think most of my friends who have gone on the pill (different brands of pills too) experienced a little boost in their chest. Usually it was a cup size. You definitely have a chance of going up to a B, so it may happen for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

daisyduck08 HB User

so you'd say about a month to maybe see effect? my boobs have been very tender since the first day i took the pill. is this due to the pills? it's weird.. because they've been tender the past two days since i've taken it. and it really hurts. :/

Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #4
(female)

chocolate00 HB User

I am interested in this too.I am Acup and I am going to start taking yasmin and I hope for a B.I am 21 years old and I hope it is going to work for me.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
(female)

tigereye1983 HB User

I take Yaz (same as Yasmin but a lower estrogen). I'm a A-cup and I probably saw a cup size increase within the first month. However, it doesn't stay and I've sadly lost some (but not all) again. ::sigh:: Cleavage was fun while it lasted...

**Oh, and with bigger breasts comes extreme tenderness. But that too goes away somewhat, but I've found it never totally fades away.

Last edited by tigereye1983; 01-10-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
(female)

Adelleda HB User

I honestly noticed they had gotten bigger within the first couple of weeks. O_O
Unfortunatley the breast tenderness continues the whole time they are changing. x(

Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
(female)

PurpleGrapes HB User

My breasts don't need to get any bigger than they are, but right now (for the past 2 days) they feel like they've grown (bloated) 2-3 cups sizes and are "sore". They just feel huge! Bigger than when I would be PMSing when I wasn't on the pill. I just started the pill approx. 2 weeks ago. Anyone else going through the same situation?

Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
(female)

pbritney HB User

Today I will take my 10th pill and my breasts the last 2-3 days are very sore.
Purplegrapes when did you see growth ?what cup size do you wear?Were your breasts sore before growth?

Old 01-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
(female)

jkfoster HB User

I have been on yasmin since may 2007. I may come off of it though because i just now started showing signs of break through bleeding, However, about the breast question. I was realitivley (SP) huge before i started. I was a small 34 D cup. Well since the time being on the pill, I have become a 36D on the very edge and sometimes having to wear a 36DD. So i did notice a little bit of breast enlargement. But again mine only get sore the week before i get my period and then they are fine. So who knows.

Best of luck to you all. Hope this helped.
-JkFoster

Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #10
(female)

PurpleGrapes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbritney View Post
Today I will take my 10th pill and my breasts the last 2-3 days are very sore.
Purplegrapes when did you see growth ?what cup size do you wear?Were your breasts sore before growth?
On my 2nd to 3rd week my breasts started getting sore as it does before I get my period. I'm between a size C and D cup, but here and there it's been feeling like the next cup up and sore. It's not like it's sore or bigger all the time, just sometimes.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
(female)

pbritney HB User

Is it possible that the pill will cause you soreness without any growth?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Courty HB User

I just started yaz this month and for the first week at least my breats weren't an achey sore, btu I had more upper sharp growing pains. But they feel better now. Usually your body can adjust to the pill if not after the second month ask your doctor about trying a different one.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:22 AM   #13
(female)

pbritney HB User

I am on the 5th pill of my second packet and although my breasts had stopped being tender and painful when I was off the pills and had my period, they have started to hurt again....My god they are so tender to touch ! and they are very soft like jelly...Is this normal?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Courty HB User

As far as I know it is normal for hormones to change your breasts, but it feels abnormal to you the best advice is see your doctor.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
(female)

shellbell86 HB User

hi yall Ive just been accepted for Healthy women, which is awesome, it allows you to have bc and exams for very cheap. So i can finally get on birth control again. Its been a while, and im wondering if anyones breast seem to shrink or stay the same after stopping bc. Im under the impression that the growth is simply temporary

Closed Thread