It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

jadeyleexx HB User
long period after depo shot

Hi someone said they had a really long period after they first had their depo-provera injection. I had one 3 weeks ago and i have bleeding ever since i have been really woried did your doctor say this was normal? Please help!!

Last edited by jadeyleexx; 01-13-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
(female)

tcp307 HB User
Re: long period after depo shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeyleexx View Post
Hi someone said they had a really long period after they first had their depo-provera injection. I had one 3 weeks ago and i have bleeding ever since i have been really woried did your doctor say this was normal? Please help!!

I had the depo shot right after my daughter was born 6 yrs ago and bled for almost 8 weeks. It was horrible. I finally gave up and got back on pills in order to stop the bleeding. It definitely wasn't for me. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

BayBeGirl HB User

Depo caused me to have prolonged break through bleeding as well. I was ok until it was time for me to take another shot.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
(female)

bellablue2 HB User

Hi I have been on Depo fro over 7 years, I don't remember if I had breakthrough unless I went longer than the 3 months to get my shot. I did start my period if I went over three months before my next shot.

Please note: Depo causes bone loss. I take 1300 of calcium it is really important. But i'm 42.

Just want to let you know that because they have disclosed that on the shot they give you.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

BayBeGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellablue2;33***58
Hi I have been on Depo fro over 7 years, I don't remember if I had breakthrough unless I went longer than the 3 months to get my shot. I did start my period if I went over three months before my next shot.

Please note: Depo causes bone loss. I take 1300 of calcium it is really important. But i'm 42.

Just want to let you know that because they have disclosed that on the shot they give you.
You are so right, bellablue. I remember when I was taking the depo shot, my hands used to always ache as well as my knees. After getting off of the shot, I no longer experienced that.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
(female)

jadeyleexx HB User

do you mean that u bled 8 weeks into your shot or 8 weeks after the shot was meant to expire ?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
(female)

BayBeGirl HB User

For me, I bled when it was time for the shot to expire. Same thing with the birth control pills.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
(female)

BlueEyesNR HB User

I have had the most awful experiences with bleeding on Depo. I had an abortion in August 2007 and immediately went on the Depo, the same day actually. They said it would be normal to bleed from the abortion for a while so I didn't think about it when I was bleeding. However, the bleeding continued. I waited and waited and the end has not yet come. I had my 1st shot in August 2007 and I only got one more in October 2007 and never stopped bleeding in between. It is now March 2008 and I am still bleeding. It is so insane to think how long I have been bleeding. They say it is normal to bleed for a while after discontinuing the shot but if I had to take it back and never get the shot, I would. I am lucky to say that I never gained any weight on the Depo but I did have horrific mood swings the first month. I am happy to be off the shot but I am still bleeding and I have absolutely no clue when it will end. I am now going to go and consult a doctor. My mom, who is a doctor, says that taking birth control pills would help with the bleeding but I will see what the doctor says.

I will say this, if you are thinking about depo. DON't DO IT! It is easy. I know but it is not worth all the annoyances.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
(female)

abcdefgh123456 HB User

I took depo shot in jan. My periods for feb started earlier than expected and they havnt stopped since then! Its been more than a month now! someone told me that if i have another depo shot or i take a morning after pill it will stop. Pls help me out. I dono wot to do. Im 22 btw and had depo for the first time. I have never been on contraceptive pills either. Can anyone pls suggest me wot to do to stop my periods. thnx

Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
(female)

alikat709 HB User

I had my last shot in april 2007, and I am still not regulated, this stuff is still not out of my system i got my period back in october and some months I bleed the entire month. this stuff sucks. Good Luck

Closed Thread