It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

maihart HB User
what does a blood clot feel like

what does a blood clot feel like

Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

MusicElle HB User
Re: what does a blood clot feel like

from what I've read it can feel like a bruise to an intense pain, It would be a centralized spot, the spot might be red, you may have swelling, those are the symptoms for a DVT or blood clot in one of your limbs, there are also pulmanary embolisums which are blood clots in the lungs, those cause shortness of breath and chest pain, and a stroke is a blood clot in the brain, so you could have slurred speech, lose control of you limbs, have a droopy one slide of your face, forget how to talk. All of these things can be caused by birth control pills, you at a higher risk if you are over 35 and/or a smoker. I'd say if you even think you might have any of these symptoms go to the doctor, better safe than sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: what does a blood clot feel like

It all depends on the size of the clot and the location and the fact that everyone is different. I had multiple PE's from the pill and I had no warning except for chest pain that worsened with deep breaths, or when I bent forward. I also had extreme anxiety. If you think you might have a clot, it's better to be safe than sorry and have it checked out!! Good luck!
PCOS

Closed Thread