It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

BBG903 HB User
Missed period on Aviane

I have been on Aviane for over a year now w/no side effects. I ran out of my pills and couldn't get a refill until my dr appt. So needless to say I've been off for 5 weeks now. I got my prescrip refilled but can't start until i get my period (or can I????) So here is my problem my last period was on 3/5/08 and I was due to get my period this past wed 4/9/08. But I still haven't gotten it, I feel like i have the symptoms (cramping/backache) but still no sign of af. Is it possible to skip a period when you miss a month of the pills? I did spot briefly on Mon and Tues but that was it. So to be safe I took an hpt and it came out neg. Should I assume that i'm not pg and I'm just missing my af b/c I messed up my pills or could that spotting have been implantation bleeding? I would really like to start the pills if I can but I'm lost as to what to do. Please Help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User
Re: Missed period on Aviane

Sometimes you can get a false pregnancy test even if you are pregnant you may not have enough pregnancy hormones yet...wait another 3 days or so and take another test first thing when you wake to get a more clear result. You should not start your b/c til you get your period as that could throw you even more out of wack in your cycle that is if you're not pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 04:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Missed period on Aviane

Any time you stop taking the pill for any length of time, it's possible to have a messed up cycle. So it's really not surprising that you're not getting your period. Some women have to wait for a really long time for their real period to get back to normal after quitting the pill. And since you're having these problems now, that means that when you finally quit taking the pill for good, it's going to take your body a while before you start having normal periods again.

There's nothing you can do to speed up the process. All you can do is wait for your real period to start again before you start taking the pill. Otherwise, like the previous person already said, you'll end up messing up your cycle even more if you just randomly start your pill whenever.

Closed Thread