It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
(male)

yalie22 HB User
Best chemical contraceptive?

My girlfriend has been looking up chemical contraceptives that prevent pregnancy. But she hasn't yet found any which are effective but safe at the same time. Safe, as in the one with the least long term consequences and the least effect of mood and mental well-being. I personally haven't really looked up much, but I cannot believe that pharmacology has not advanced enough for such a solution. Are there any safe means out there? I heard about some quarterly injection, or something like that. Does it work?

Old 04-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Best chemical contraceptive?

When you say injection, do you mean the depo provera shot? This method of birth control is over 99% accurate when shots are taken as you should, but there are side effects. I know a few people who tried the shot and most of them gained weight from it. Some people have other side effects as well. You can search for the website and read about the side effects.

I prefer the birth control pill. I have never had any negative side effects and I love it. There aren't any long term serious risks except for those who smoke or have health problems (high blood pressure probably is not good for the pill). Some people have side effects, but there are so many different pills out there with different hormones, so that's when you try a new one out.

It may be good to talk to a doctor about this. There are so many methods out there and you can pick up information on different kinds and find which one works best for you. Many are very effective when used correctly.. it's just a preference thing. Some people forget to take pills at the same time each day, so they use the patch, which is similar but you only need to change the patch once a week, or the shots you mentioned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
(female)

phoebekittys HB User
Re: Best chemical contraceptive?

I heard the depo shot was really bad. My sister was on it and she ended up having a period for months after it. If you look at past posts about it there is a lot of negative feed back on it. I am on the nuvaring and i love it i put it in and leave it there until its time for my period and then take it out for a week and then put it back in. Its very low maintance.

Closed Thread