It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

Angel31 HB User
Yasmin vs. Yaz

Hello-
I have been on Yasmin for a couple of years now, and am thinking of switching to Yaz. I've had fairly good luck with Yasmin...skin is very clear, and body hair growth is less (yeah! I've always had a problem with that) However, I do have problems with spider veins, and I think this pill is making them worse.

What is the difference between Yasmin and Yaz? The "Goodbye to You" commericals are really intriguing...I do have moodiness and anxiousness. It is not terrible, but it could be better. Any thoughts? TIA!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Yasmin vs. Yaz

I know one of the main differences is that with Yaz, you get shorter periods. Instead of 7 days of inactive pills like on Yasmin, you only have 5. I'm on Yasmin and love it so I figure I'll stay on it. There are always horror stories about every pill, but a friend of mine really likes Yaz.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
(female)

Post-It HB User

I am on Yaz. My periods are much lighter than when I was on traditional 7-day placebo (Apri). The main difference is that you take active pills for 24 days, and inactive for 4 days. I think the theory is that you are going to experience less of a drop in hormones since you are only off the active pills for 4 days instead of 7. I can say that my anxiety has dropped since switching to Yaz. I definitely notice less body hair growth on Yaz, too!

However, it costs me $51 a pop for Yaz. I just saw at the pharmacy that there is a generic version of Yasmin now available, so that's something to consider.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

Cakies HB User

Yasmin has a generic! Whats the name of it, I seached online and all I could find was that the generic form of yasmin was due out July1,2008. They did not say what its called. I will save so much money if this is true. Please if you know the name of the new generic please post it!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

Bunn3h HB User

I started Yaz last year to control my periods and I absolutely love it. It's helped turn a 13-day period into a 5 or 6-day period (may still sound long, but it's such a relief!).

Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

The generic form of Yasmin is called Aclepsa. I'm happy on Yasmin and scared to switch pills, but it is supposed to be exactly the same, so should hopefully be good for Yasmin users who want to save money. I just graduated from college and have a new job and am in a transition phase with insurance, so with my temporary insurance, I know the cost of Yasmin will be full price or only a little bit off. I'll miss paying only $20 a month!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
(female)

Cakies HB User

thanks for posting the name of the generic, I just picked up the CVS generic its called Ocella. Generics only cost $10 on my insurance and Brand name Yasmin was costing me $45 with insurance. I read online that the generic is made by the company who makes yasmin and another company will be packaging it so it should be the exact same formula with no different filler ingrediants and no slight difference in hormone levels. I personally have taken generic for every other pill I've had and never had a problem so Im hoping this will be the same.

Closed Thread