It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

AvaNoir HB User
Tubal Ligation in 5 days!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this board so please forgive my naive ways!

In five days I will be having a tubal ligation and I would just like to know others experiences. My case is a bit rare due to the fact I am nineteen, never have had a child and I am a virgin!

Any experiences would be nice. I have done my research and know just about everything there is to know about it but that is just the medical side. The personal side would be lovely.

Thank you!

~ Ava

Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
Re: Tubal Ligation in 5 days!

Very honestly, I've never heard of any doctor agreeing to a tubal ligation on a nineteen year old. Yikes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
(female)

AvaNoir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperationGirl View Post
Very honestly, I've never heard of any doctor agreeing to a tubal ligation on a nineteen year old. Yikes.
He is the most experienced GYN in town. And I have always been mature. To tell the truth it is a relief he understood. I was expecting a huge battle when I first started the journey.

Regardless, age should not be an issue. Our choice in fertility is a right and our birth control options should not depend solely on how many children we have or our stage in life. Why is it acceptable for a 19 year old to have children yet when one takes control of their ability to do so it is frowned upon?

Thanks though

Last edited by AvaNoir; 09-08-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Are you sure you want to do that? You may change your mind in 10 years, and reversing a tubal isn't always effective, and it's expensive as well. It is your decision though.
My mother had a tubal after having her 4th baby, and her recovery was pretty easy.
Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
(female)

mandi77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaNoir View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this board so please forgive my naive ways!

In five days I will be having a tubal ligation and I would just like to know others experiences. My case is a bit rare due to the fact I am nineteen, never have had a child and I am a virgin!

Any experiences would be nice. I have done my research and know just about everything there is to know about it but that is just the medical side. The personal side would be lovely.

Thank you!

~ Ava
hi ava, im not gonna tell you dont do it because you might change your mind. that is what i have always got from people when i have said to them that i dont want children. well here i am 28 years old and i STILL do NOT want children. i think i have known that since i have been a kid.i have not had a tubal ligation but at your age thought about(just didnt want surgery). can i ask you what your reasons are for not wanting kids? i personally am not the mother type. i dont get all warm and fuzzy when i see babies(like most women), i can hardly tolerating watching children. im a very independent person and i like to do my thing.. always have and always will.. anyways i hope to hear more. mandi

Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 AM   #6
(female)

AvaNoir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megss View Post
Are you sure you want to do that? You may change your mind in 10 years, and reversing a tubal isn't always effective, and it's expensive as well. It is your decision though.
My mother had a tubal after having her 4th baby, and her recovery was pretty easy.
Good luck!
There are somethings a woman just knows. This is one of them.

[QUOTE=mandi77;3721360]can i ask you what your reasons are for not wanting kids? [/QUOTE}

While I do love children and personally don't mind dealing with them, I do not want them personally.Just something I know instinctively.

Good luck AmberCandy! Just be sure you know all the facts, do your research. Be level-headed about it all.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
(female)

mom2amk HB User

Hi Ava!
I had my tubal 13 years ago. Let me start with the biggest tip that was given to me at the time...wear socks during your surgery! The operating room is very cold. They will have you undress and put on lovely hospital fashion attire. I was partially shaven, iv started, wheeled in, given some really good meds and fell asleep. When I awoke, it was done. I have a small 2 inch scar about 7 or so inches below my belly button, well below bikini line, and hidden now by hair.
At 19, I'm not sure what I can compare it to that you may have experienced. Kinda like really really bad cramps. I don't remember the pain being that bad, though, but again it was 13 years ago!
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
(female)

mandi77 HB User

i think it is interesting that there are women out there that feel the same way i do about not wanting children.i love baby animals, just not baby humans like ambercandy. its refreshing being dang near every woman around me has a couple and want more.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
(female)

AvaNoir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2amk View Post
Hi Ava!
I had my tubal 13 years ago. Let me start with the biggest tip that was given to me at the time...wear socks during your surgery! The operating room is very cold. They will have you undress and put on lovely hospital fashion attire. I was partially shaven, iv started, wheeled in, given some really good meds and fell asleep. When I awoke, it was done. I have a small 2 inch scar about 7 or so inches below my belly button, well below bikini line, and hidden now by hair.
At 19, I'm not sure what I can compare it to that you may have experienced. Kinda like really really bad cramps. I don't remember the pain being that bad, though, but again it was 13 years ago!
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks! I will definately take your advice

Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
(female)

AvaNoir HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi77 View Post
i think it is interesting that there are women out there that feel the same way i do about not wanting children.i love baby animals, just not baby humans like ambercandy. its refreshing being dang near every woman around me has a couple and want more.
I know the feeling! My sister is pregnant at the moment ans already planning another! @.@

Old 09-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
(female)

mom2amk HB User

Hey Ava, just wanted to pop on here and wish you good luck with the upcoming surgery.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #12
(female)

AvaNoir HB User

Thanks! The surgery went very well!

Closed Thread