It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

sandalchick HB User
How long does it take for Yasmin side effects to go away after stopping?

How long did it take for you? Or do you know how long it takes for it to leave the average person's system? Because I got depression on Yasmin and had to quit.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

queen22 HB User
Re: How long does it take for Yasmin side effects to go away after stopping?

I do not know the exact answer to your question but feel my experience might help! I was on Yasmin/Yaz for about 10 months, both made me feel horrible, depressed, and nauseous. My doctor told me that the drug should be completely out of my system after about 3 weeks. This makes sense because birth control pills have very short half lives - which is why they must be taken daily to keep the level of the drug in the body therapeutic. The good news is immediately after discontinuing the drug my depression was gone! I felt like a new person - happy and energetic. However, it has been a little over a year since I stopped the drug and until recently I still felt nauseous frequently. I am betting you will begin to feel better within a few weeks. Just think positive. Also, I was told I was a good candidate for the Nuva Ring for birth control, maybe that may be a good option for you too?? Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: How long does it take for Yasmin side effects to go away after stopping?

My advice is to take a Vitamin B Complex (not just a multivitamin with vitamin B though). The birth control pill (any kind) can cause a loss of Vitamin B, which can affect your mood and cause depression. It's worth a try! Most women say their side effects go away within a few months, but if it doesn't for you, you may just need to try a different brand of pill or a different birth control method. I've been on Yasmin for about 6 years and love it. I was actually depressed BEFORE the pill, so I struggled with it at times now, but I'm doing great now and my best ever, so I know it isn't the pill causing it. I simply felt bad about where I was in life and had low confidence, so I had to just work on those things. If you know the pill is causing it and things weren't getting better even after a while, I'd try a different one! I wouldn't stick with something if it makes you miserable... it's just not worth it.

Closed Thread