It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
(female)

wittedl HB User
Trying to Get Pregnant After Using Mirena

I need some input here, ladies. I had my IUD in for just about 6 months, and had it removed due to hormal reasons. When it was inserted they did it neatly, slowly, and comfortable...as comfortably as they could with it! But when I had it removed they ripped it out, which hurt. I bled like I have never had before, even worse than after I had my daughter. Mirena says when it's removed you can get pregnant right away.

My question is can you tell me how long it took you to get pregnant after having it removed? I never had problems before getting pregnant, however I am getting older. I am 38 now. I take the ovulation tests, and I do "ovulate," or at least have a Lh surge. Just getting discouraged after 3 failures. I cannot imagine people who try to get pregnant and never can; I know my dilema is nothing like theirs. Thank you for any input and advice.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

BulldogMomma HB User
Re: Trying to Get Pregnant After Using Mirena

I'm in the same boat as you and thought I would post a reply to tell you, you are not alone with this mirena business. I only had the mirena for 3 months and it had to go because I gained almost 30lbs, my skin became extremely dry-especially my scalp, my blood pressure skyrocketed, and I became mean. My husband and I decided to go ahead and try for one more as soon as it was removed and here we are 4 months later with nothing. I am ovulating and my periods are very regular and were with and without the mirena.
I finally feel like my body is somewhat back to normal, of course I haven't lost the weight yet, but it's not like I'm a 20 year old with raging metabolism either. Hopefully this was the month. At our house, we have what we like to call, fertility week!

Last edited by BulldogMomma; 11-19-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread