It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

MAYRAJ13 HB User
Unhappy how long after taking birth control pills do you have to wait and not get pregnant?

okaii well not to long ago for the first time. i got on birth control. friday i went to the doctor. and later on dat day at 1pm took my pill. later on dat day, when off from work i had sex with my boyfriend with out a condom, because i thought i took the pill so there can be no problem. but now ive been feel wierd woozy in the morings sleepy alot. discarging alot of white stuff from down there and sometimes i just feel like throwing up... ive been taking the pills ever since but can i be pregnant???? was it too soon to have sex with out a condom????

Old 11-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

SallyD HB User
Re: Hi Newbie...i Need An Answer????

yes.
you need to be on the pill for about 30 days before you have unprotected sex.
You could be pregnant..take a test. and if you are pregnant, stop taking the pill.

sal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

Stef2 HB User
Re: how long after taking birth control pills do you have to wait and not get pregnan

I read on a site a doctor said to have protected sex for seven days when first starting on the pill but I thought when I first started taking them they told me for a month.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
(female)

krystalsapata HB User
Re: how long after taking birth control pills do you have to wait and not get pregnan

I Was On Birth Control For A Year And Got Off About 6 Months Ago And Still Havent Got Pregnant ;( But I Heard Some Girls Can Get Pregnant A Month After Stopping The Pill Or It Can Take Up To A Year But Everyone Is Diffrent !

Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
(female)

kristi6190 HB User

oh no. ya it was too soon to have unprotected sex. you are soposed to wait a month. but whats important is when did you have sex? was it right after you got off oyur period, in the middle sometime, or right before you're soposed to be staring your period? b/c that all makes a difference. also how many days are your cycle? a 'normal' cycle is 28 days. if you had sex during your ovulation which is about 14 days before your next period(28 day cycle) then your chances of getting pregnant are very likely...when is your next period due? keep me posted

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Your post has been moved to the Birth Control Board. The pregnancy board is only for those women who have a confirmed pregnancy test.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Mod 08

Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

i dont understand why the dr wouldnt tell you to use protection for a month that is common practice

Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

youll have to wait for your period which comes 2 to 4 days after you stop the pack then i would take a test after just to be safe because you can get your period on the pill and still be pregnant i know women it has happen to good luck charlene

Old 11-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
(female)

Cakies HB User

first of all relax there nothing you can do about it now but wait for your period. With your pill you should have got an information packet. there are two ways to start the pill.

Day 1 start- you take your first pill on the first day of your period. With this method you are protected immediately.

Sunday start- you take your first pill on the first sunday after your period, with this method you must wait 7 days before you have unprotected sex.

Always read the packet that comes with the pill, you need to know that information.

BTW I have been on six different types of birth control pills and NONE of them have required that you wait a whole month. My doctor told me the only reason some doctors suggest waiting a whole month is because many women who have just begun taking the pill do not remember to take it at the same time everyday, If you are taking it correctly you need only to follow the intsructions that come with the pill which are what I posted above.

Last edited by Cakies; 11-26-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
(female)

MAYRAJ13 HB User

so for every one that replyed to my last board....i went to the doctor i am not pregnant thank god!!!! but i did change my birth control pills.....thanks you guys

Last edited by MAYRAJ13; 11-28-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Closed Thread