It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
BC Bloating and Cramping

Im getting so sick of this issue Im having. ever since the middle of October I have been having problems with lower abdominal cramping. It feels like period cramps but all the time. Sometimes they will go away for a few days before my period, and a day or 2 here and there I will only feel the discomfort here and there. I have been on Yaz Birth Control for a year and 1/2 and wondered if it was it not agreeing with me.
I went to the doc during the end of October close to when it started, had a CAT scans and they found I had an ovarian cyst, but it was 2.4 cm. normal and small they said. He said to watch and wait so we did for a month. Cramps continued, and some bloating started. I went back 2 weeks ago right before my last period and they said the cyst was gone. I was happy but why am I still cramping. I had decided to give it time, and also quit taking my Birth Control (YAZ) as I was not convinced it wasnt a culprit.
Now Im still having the mild cramps here and there but what bothers me even more is this crazy bloating. I never had bloating issues ever before and now its almost constant. It goes down sometimes but I also feel like I get extra bloated after I eat, and when my bladder is full. I think I have gained some weight in that area of my stomach too and maybe its stress related as Ive had this going on and other life stresses..
I feel like I guess I can be assured nothing serious is there because Ive had 2 ultrasounds and a Cat scan so there are no tumors or anything.

I guess Im looking for anyone who could confirm that the Birth Control, YAZ, or stress can do this. Ive been off the pill for 2 weeks now so Id think id start to see some adjustments. I though I was as during Christmas for 3 days or so the cramping was gone. I was still a bit bloated but.

ANY experience with Birth Control, Bloating, and Clramping through the month would be appreciated. I decided I will go back to the Doc in a few weeks if it doesnt go away but, I swear the think birth control is a God send and they will never say it causes anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: BC Bloating and Cramping

Different women react to birth control in different ways. Some feel great, some feel awful, some feel awful on one pill but do fine on another.

Also, it can be tough to tell whether it's your intestines or your female organs. Are your bowels regular?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Re: BC Bloating and Cramping

Yeah Im regular.. it distinctly feels like female cramps but who knows. When I got the Cat scan one thing they wanted to look for was diverticulosis?? I think. or that disorder where you get weak spots in your intestines and you get infection due to collected stool.. either way I obviously didnt have that. found the cyst instead.
Maybe its still after math from having that cyst. but it wasnt that big.

Closed Thread