It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
(female)

missjada855 HB User
missed period on levlen- worried about possible pregnancy

Hi everyone. I am really worried I am pregnant. I was on yasmin for one month, and the whole time i had my period so then my doctor changed me over to levlen. I missed a tablet at the beginning of the 3rd week of active pills, on a saturday night, and i took it when i got home, 14 hours late (you are supposed to be protected if you take it within a window of 12 hours late so I am 2 hours of that). In the week before I had sex (I dont know if that makes a difference) and then on the Friday AFTER the late tablet I had unprotected sex again, which was 2 days away from starting the sugar pills. I went to see the doctor on that same Friday to ask for the emergency pill and she didnt think I needed it and it would screw me up. She said I "should be fine".

Now it is Monday, and I havent got any period and I am really worried, I am worrying myself sick over it, I cant sleep or anything. I have done 2 home pregnancy tests both negative. I went to the doctor again today and she still thinks I dont have to worry she said come back next week if it doesent come and gave me a little container to pee in next week. I am really bloated and I just dont feel like myself.

I am really ignorant about this kind of stuff so I'm sorry if this is really dumb question. But if I had got pregnant, from that Friday, would it even be showing up on a preg test 4 days later? Would it be too soon to be making me miss my period? Would Friday be the day of conception or does it kind of take a few days to even be pregnant. I dont know how to explain what I mean. I take much longer of not knowing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: missed period on levlen- worried about possible pregnancy

You're really not supposed to take the Plan B when you're already on the pill because of this very reason. It's no wonder your period is all messed up, do you have any idea how many hormones are in the Plan B pill? Not only are you on your regular pill but the Plan B is like taking a triple dose of the pill, so now your hormones are totally out of whack and any strange side effects you get shouldn't be too much of a surprise at this point. Think about it?

If I were you, I'd stop making myself sick over it and just wait to let your hormones get back to a normal level. I'm sure your period problems are due to that very issue. And I'm sure that no pregnancy could have occurred since you flooded your system with enough hormones to kill a pony at this point!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

missjada855 HB User

I havent taken any form of emergency contraception, only the normal pill, as the doctor would not give it to me which it says in my initial post.

I am really upset, scared and confused. Ive been to 2 different doctors regarding the pill and neither of them answered any of the questions I've had about the pill, they were just condesending towards me, and on the net I just find contradictory stuff. I am tired of being treated like I'm stupid just because I want to understand what is going on with my own body!

Last edited by missjada855; 01-19-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

I don't think you're stupid at all. But I do think you're worrying needlessly. Whenever on the pill, you have a potential for not getting a period for whatever reason. Or you also have the potential for breakthrough bleeding or spotting. It all depends on what your hormones are doing at the moment. I still think that you're not pregnant. And I think you should calm down. Taking one pill late isn't going to make you get pregnant. And you didn't have unprotected sex because you've been on the pill. So, there's really nothing to get so upset about.

Closed Thread