It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

Abbieva HB User
Would you switch pills? Quasense causing acne

I recently switched to Quasense (Generic Seasonale) after my new insurance company would not allow me to use my monthly pills (Zovia-Genric for Demulen) as the Dr. prescribed, back to back for 3 months skipping the sugar pills. It was really annoying I would call in my prescription when i finished my 3 weeks of active pills and get all the way to the pharmacy for them to tell me it was "too soon" and that I would have to come back. I would have them call the insurance company who let me do this once or twice but after that they wouldn't allow it. So, I thought switching to the pill prescribed to let you have your periods 4 times per year would be the solution. I start taking the pills to have fewer periods and ease my severe cramps and headaches. Now that I have finished the 4 pacs of quasense I need to do something. I have been having acne breakouts and my skin is just horrible! I know I can switch to another pill that will help clear up my skin but then I will have to have a painful period every month. So the trade off is...look good and suffer miserably a few days per month or look terrible so I only have to suffer 4 times her year! What would you do? I have gotten some OTC acne treaments but my skin is SO sensitive that everything I try dries it out and irritates it. I guess I could go to a dermatologist but that seems like a pain in the ***. Do you think it would make a difference if I switched to the name brand Seasonale? Or should I stick with it another cycle? Or just switch to Ortho Tri cyclen or another pill approved to clear skin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread