It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

petsketch HB User
hormone balance after stopping birth control pills

Hi Everyone....I am new here and am hoping someone has some suggestions for me. I am 46 years old and have been on BP Pills for most of my grown life. I stopped them at 36 years old for a year or so and got the most awful cysts on my face and neck. No one knew why or how to help me. So I went back on the BC Pills and have been fine. Now I want off, permanently, and I wonder how I can prevent this from happening again. Since I am 11 years older than the last time I stopped the pill, I am hoping this have changed for me hormonally. Any suggestions how to perhaps balance out my hormones would be really appreciated!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: hormone balance after stopping birth control pills

Well, I'd say the first step would be to go off the pill (for a couple of months at least) and go get a hormone panel test done to find out where your levels are at. If you stay on the pill and you get the test done, it will obviously influence your results. Also, just an fyi, from everything I've been reading lately, it seems that the pill actually causes hormonal imbalance. It does this by suppressing the body's ability to make progesterone on its own and in turn causes 'estrogen dominance' or too much estrogen.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-07-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread