It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Eleni524 HB User
increased sex drive with birth control pills?

Im looking for a birth control pill that WONT decrease my sex drive, I want it to either be normal or increased! Have any of you been on a pill that didnt lower your sex drive? I have been on yaz for 9 months and im quiting it now because it totally lowered my sex drive and made it less enjoyable! The good thing about yaz though is it cleared up the zits I used to have on my back, and my period was lighter. I heard that some people's sex drive increased on loestrin24, is that true with anyone here?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
(female)

KD86 HB User
Re: increased sex drive with birth control pills?

I don't know about the loestrin one, but I do know that both I have been on have not decreased my sex drive. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and now am on Tri-Sprintec (the generic Ortho Tri Cyclen). I do have to say that the one I am on now seems to have increased my sex drive some. I think it might be different for everyone.

KD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

I've never been on the Loestrin either. Lowered libido is a potential side effect for any pill because the pill lowers testosterone. However, when I was on Ovcon-35 (which is now called Femcon FE), it seemed to increase my drive. So, obviously, like the other poster said, it depends on how a particular pill affects you as an individual.

Last edited by kittywitty; 03-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
(female)

tessta91 HB User

Yasmin sends my sex drive crazy! But as said, everyone will react completely different to each pill.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
(female)

Eleni524 HB User

hah, I sure wish it had that effect on me.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

KarolinaK HB User

Im on loestrin 24 now. its the end of my second week. My sex drive was pretty good at first, but now I think because of the mood im in its lower. I get easily aggitated, so I'm usually mad at my bf lately. Plus Im on my 4th day of breakthrough bleeding, so cant do anything sexual anyways. Maybe Im annoyed because of that. Possibly. I hate having my period, and now since I have it when Im NOT supposed to have it, it makes me even more annoyed. But everyone is different.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
(female)

quitus HB User

Hello, I was on Logynon for three years, and then my sex drive dropped so much that if I wasn't in a strong, steady relationship with a wonderful bloke I would have ended it, and been unable to make a relationship with anyone else afterwards.

I'm totally asexual now, and only have sex with my boyfriend to keep him happy, which equals guilt for both of us, and me falling into a deep depression which I am unable to find my way out of, as I am eighteen, and no doctors will take me seriously. I have even contemplated suicide because of the huge sense of guilt I feel pressing down on me every day, and the fact I have almost ruined my relationship.

The only birth control which wont lower your sex drive is condoms/diaphragms, so please, if you are taking the pill right now and it has lowered your sex drive then stop, as I have been of the pill for nearly a year no and I haven't felt any change.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Watersigh HB User

If you're planning to be on the pill long term, say over 5 years or more, then be prepared for a lowered or nonexistant libido. Once it happens and gets bad enough for you to actually notice it and realize that it's the pill causing your problem, it's going to be too late to find another one to reverse the problem. Instead, your only option is to quit and hope that at some point your libido will return. But as you can see from the previous poster, it can take over a year or more to get it back again. It took me like a year and a half or more before I started feeling like mine came back after I quit the pill.

Just be forewarned, the hormonal birth control is the biggest libido killer out there and there's nothing you can do about it except quit taking the pill and opt for a different methodof birth control.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarolinaK View Post
Im on loestrin 24 now. its the end of my second week. My sex drive was pretty good at first, but now I think because of the mood im in its lower. I get easily aggitated, so I'm usually mad at my bf lately. Plus Im on my 4th day of breakthrough bleeding, so cant do anything sexual anyways. Maybe Im annoyed because of that. Possibly. I hate having my period, and now since I have it when Im NOT supposed to have it, it makes me even more annoyed. But everyone is different.
The pill depletes at least four of the B vitamins. Taking a B complex vitamin every day might help improve your mood by replenishing what's being lost. I don't know if your libido will improve, but it would be worth taking just to see if it makes you feel better. Good luck

Last edited by kittywitty; 03-23-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
(female)

Eleni524 HB User

Well, ive been off the pill for I think 3 weeks now and I think ive noticed my sex drive and presence of "dirty thoughts" are starting to come back, but im still not where I was before being on the pill. Hopefully by next month I will notice it coming back even more. Also, its hard for me to tell how much the pill really was responsible for my lowered libido, since ive been with the same guy for a while now, and sex has become rather routine for us, maybe we just need to try to spice it up more, i dont know.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
(female)

BLMGRB HB User

I always have breakthrough bleeding. I wonder what causes that. I also have been on the pill for about five years and have not had bleeding until about the fourth year.

Last edited by BLMGRB; 03-29-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Closed Thread