It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

DianeO90 HB User
Mirena ?'s, Need help with those NOT using it for BC

Okay, I am getting the Mirena IUD next week and this is my situation. I am 38yo and have had 3 kids and had my tubes tied. I am not getting Mirena for BC reasons but getting it to reduce the days of my period and hopefully the flow too. My dr. says this will help it. I have periods that last 10 days long and are very heavy and I'd really like to be done with periods at this point in my life since I'm not having anymore children but my dr. says he doesn't want to do hyst. surgery on me since I don't need one.

I am wanting to hear from you ladies out there who have gotten Mirena for these reasons and not for BC. Did it help with your periods and did it bother either you or your partner during sex? I have a great sex life and I'm so worried that I will have all these side effects I have read about with Mirena and it will effect this. Any advice or stories are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

lberry413 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Mirena ?'s, Need help with those NOT using it for BC

Hi there! I have Mirena and got it for 2 reasons - the main reason is because I never want to have kids so I don't see any reason of having my period. The secondary resaon, of course, is for birth control but that's not really necessary because my boyfriend is getting a vasectomy. So far I love Mirena! The procedure for getting it inserted was really painful but my doctor said it hurt me more because I've never had kids, and my cervix had to be dialated, etc. After that I had light spotting for about 2 and a half weeks. I was even able to have sex just 3 days after getting in inserted and wasn't in very much pain. My boyfriend can't feel the strings and it hasn't changed my sex drive at all - we have a very passionate & active sex life too, so that's definitely a good thing! I haven't gained any extra weight either. I has helped my periods too. Mine used to be moderate to heavy and last 7-8 days. I have a period once about 3 months (sometimes longer) and it's just like spotting for a couple days then it's over. I haven't even used tampons (the thong pantyliners are thebest invention ever, haha)! I can't think if I'm forgetting anything, I hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread