It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

jessconnor HB User
Dr. couldn't find IUD to remove it!!!

I went into the dr today to have my IUD removed and he started the procedure but told me he couldn't find my IUD strings. well back in august i had my yearly pap and told the dr i could only feel 1 instead of 2 strings he told me the one had migrated up into my cervix and he tried to get it down but said he didn't wanna dislodge it he said as long as i felt the one i'd be ok.

well i've been having alot of cramping ( i mean painful almost doubling over ) and i handle pain pretty well and ALOT of bloating. it seems like i'm bloated 24/7. well this dr looked and looked and looked and could not find even the 1 string. he got this magnifyer out and said he thought he might have found the tip of it but it's about 1/2 inch inside my cervix. He tried forever to reach it to get it out and then said that he wasn't even sure if it was the string. So after 30 minutes of him trying he told me that he wanted me to get an ultrasound to make sure it's still there cause he's worried that it's gone all the way into my uterus. Has anyone had this happen? what can i expect, if the ultrasound shows that the strings have gone up inside? any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also i had a polyp on the inside of my cervix that they removed the day they put the IUD in and today he told me i had another on the outside which he removed and is sending for testing. thanks

Jess

Closed Thread