It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

KStarfish82 HB User
Doubling Up Pills?

Hi all,

I have been on Loestrin 24 for almost a month now. I am trying to change when my period falls because my wedding is a week from Wed. My natural period is scheduled for around the 1st (the wedding date)....but the day I'm supposed to get it according the the BC is this Sat.

My question is, if I don't get my period when I am "supposed" to, should I double up the hormone pills around my wedding so I don't get it then?

At this point, I really hate this BC...my cramps were horrible, I'm spotting randomly, my breasts are tender and I already feel like I gained weight. We are going to use condoms on our honeymoon because I don't trust this BC...

So can/should I do this?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Re: Doubling Up Pills?

I really don't fully understand your question. You say that your period is "scheduled" on the 1st, but than you said that you are supposed to get it this Saturday (27th) according to the pills. From what I understand, based on what you said, you USUALLY get your period on the 1st, but now you won't due to the fact that you started taking bc pills, correct?
It doesn't really make sense that your period would start on a Saturday because (assuming that you are a Sunday starter) you will be taking your last active pill on Saturday, so you wouldn't get your period till Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday (it depends on how your body reacts to the hormones, especially since you started taking them recently). Your period will be unpredictable during the first month (or even longer) of taking bc pills, so I don't think that you can know for sure exactly when you are going to start.

You should NOT double up on pills unless you have missed one the previous day. There is no sense in doubling up just to skip your period. If you want to skip your period you need to skip the placebo week and just start a new pack. That is how you "properly" skip a period, not by doubling up.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 06-20-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread