It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

chongo HB User
Failed Pill??

Hey Everyone =]

I need some answers if anyone can help?

Im on the combined pill (cerazette) i will soon be changing to Yasmin as with this pill i have bled continuosly every since starting it 4 months ago. When i did have a period it was as heavy as my 'normal' everyday bleed but wiv a few cramps.

Now its the 28th and i should have came on 21st? Ive had hardly any blood, 'normal bleed again'. But ive now been waking up every morning with headaches and feeling sick. Then all day i have lower abdominal pain. Breasts are sore too....

Any ideas?

Could my pill have failed? Or is it just me being silly lol..

All answers appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by chongo; 07-28-2009 at 06:16 AM.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

jana83 HB User
Re: Failed Pill??

It's possible, sure. Why don't you take a test? I am really amazed at why women don't do that immediately when they start wondering. It's simple and inexpensive and you are perfectly entitled to do it even if the chances are slim.

It's also possible that the pills are messing with your hormones and causing the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
(female)

chongo HB User

its not that simple when your a 17 year old, work in a chemist with your mom, dad a doctor and aunt works in family planning lol.... =]

thanks for reply anyway

Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
(female)

jana83 HB User

I fail to see why it couldn't be simple regardless. You could always go to another shop or a drugstore or even Wallmart etc., lots of ways to get a test. Even if you're still living with your parents, it shouldn't be difficult to find some privacy to do the test. Or you can always grab a plastic cup and use a public toilet. If you have a friend you can confide in, maybe she could get a test for you? Etc.

Not trying to offend, but taking a test is about the only thing which can absolutely give you peace of mind (though sometimes, if the fear is strong enough, not even a test will do it).

Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
(female)

boodles HB User

Hi Chongo

I agree with jana83. The only thing that will totally put our mind at rest is a test and I think that you should be able to do this despite your circumstances. I assume that they do not know that you are on the pill so you managed that without them finding out - I would have thought that a test would have been easier Are you maybe scared of taking the test in case it is positive? From what you have said it seems unlikely that you are pregnant so be brave and put your mind at rest once and for all and if the worse happens then ignoring it is not going to make it go away and the soooner you know the better.

Actually Cerazette is not a combined pill but a progesterone only pill although it is different to other POPs in that you have a 12 hour window for taking it like a combined pill, rather than 2 hours in the case of other POPs. My daughter was on Cerazette for about 4 months also and had no end of problems. She bled almost continuosly with bouts of heavy bleeding and cramps which I suppose you could say were actual 'periods' but which followed no actual pattern as to when they came at all, so i suspect that what you are experiencing is similar to her. She had sore breasts and the most dreadful mood swings (well not even swings really as she was always 'low') all the time she was taking it. She was told that it would probably stop her periods when in fact the reverse was true. She went to the clinic and they told he to stop it immediately and to start the new (combined) pill the very next day (and take other precautions for 7 days) and the change in her mood was almost immediate. She has had to change pill once more since due to some slight bleeding problems with the new pill (loestrin 20) but these problems were nothing compared to Cearazette! Whilst I am sure it is great for those tht it suits, I have read a lot from people who have really suffered on it.

Hope things sort out for you and you get this all sorted as it can be very lowering and frustrating

Old 09-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
(female)

chongo HB User

we're in the countryside and the next shop is not for miles. Anyway, ive took a test (friend got one) and its negative. So now im wondering what else it could be. Everyday im feeling extremley sick with the ovary pain.......?

Closed Thread